Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Random pictures from my phone!

Sometimes when I don't have my camera I try to take pictures on my phone. They are usually very poor quality, but they each have a story. I usually take them because I think I'll share them. Well, I'm finally remembering to. So, here are some random pictures.

Can you see the two guys on the bus near the window? They're both reading the tracts we offered them.
If I have a few, I like to let people choose which one they want. Often people here will read the whole tract right when you give it to them. Or at least they pretend to!

This is why a $5 meal seemed expensive to us the other day. This is a typical plate at our favorite eatery, El Turco.
You have rice, salad, beans, breaded chicken & fried plantain. How much?  A whopping $1.65. Or $2.05 if you get a drink.

A sister in our hall invited us for Beef Stew. Plus rice, plus plantains. I had to take half of it home!

Now THAT is a bowl of soup, eh?! I prefer to eat soup when it's 20 degrees out, but oh well, doesn't hurt to sweat a bit!

Where were we going? You might think we were off to dump this. But we weren't. We helped a study of mine move, and this was the last of four loads. This is what their house was made of, and what parts of their new place will be made of too. Maybe I'll get a picture of their new house sometime. It's nicer than what they had, but it's still just a dirt floor, about 12'x12', one room - and that's mam, dad, two teenage girls, and a little 3 year old. Keeping that in mind puts things into perspective for me when I want to start whining about something!

No comments:

Post a Comment