| Now THAT is jello! |
| We even got a welcome cake! |
So, I also didn't mention that we had dinner with some friends, I think that same weekend, who live in Ohio. I've been friends with Nicci for over 10 years and it was great to see them. They have the cutest little kids. They are amazing parents. It's so nice to see a couple whose kids are so well behaved, and are being taught to love Jehovah from their infancy. Nicci and Chad do a great job with them and we thoroughly enjoyed their company. Their little girl, Charlotte, just turned three but she's very easy to understand. She explained why we don't celebrate birthdays, she sang part of a Kingdom song, she told us all about dinosaurs including names I can't even pronounce!! And Eli sang us a bit of Preach the Word too!!
I still haven't finished collecting anniversary party pictures but here are a few from that night. Probably more than anyone wants to see anyway! But do watch the video! It was at the same house we had the welcome party at - party central!!!
| Charley's mam and sister with her boys, and Maria from Spanish |
| Josie & Angelica |
| Aidee, Yolanda y Valeria & Maritza thought she was hiding in the background! |
| Our yummy cake |
| They asked our favorite colors. I said I like red, Charley likes green, but that makes Christmas!!! But they did it anyway!! |
| Watching a little video I put together with photos from our wedding |
![]() |
| Cake table (aka pool table!) |
![]() |
| The newly-weds!! |
![]() |
| Just for the record - those are NOT my fingers behind my mother-in-law's head! |
![]() |
| We danced to "Tiempo de Vals" and did it Argentina style. We started out dancing and then another couple would come split us up and dance, then another, then another, than another. It was so much fun!
Maybe if I type here I can get the last couple of pictures to quit bouncing to the top of the page! Below you see later on in the dance. Charley is somewhere in there dancing with Sabina, and I'm dancing with her hubby Oscar. It was so much fun. Click here to hear the song we were all waltzing to. It's a Spanish classic - I love it!!
|
| Not a bit nervous! |
| Yum! |
| People kept asking me that week if I knew Sarah & Jeremy - well, I do now! |
| The house is under construction so we had fun measuring everyone and writing their names! I'd just like to say, I'm quite a bit taller than Lara - just for the record!! |
| Asa with his Uncle Charley. I think they have the same smile in this one - forced! |
| And the boys with their favorite aunt & uncle - who wouldn't love an uncle who lets you drag him around the floor! |
The highlight of this week was going to my cousin Wendy's house on Wednesday and having the most AMAZING homemade fish 'n' chips. The Claddagh has nothing on them. Man, were they good. You can see the pile of fish in the picture below. YUM!!!!!!
| Wendy and her lovely family. |
Well, Charley's family will be here in a few hours after their Special Assembly Day so I'd better go help my mam get things together for that. We're hoping to take a family picture like we did last year, see how it turns out. Thank goodness for self timer and tripod!
Hope you're all doing well. We're looking forward to going back to Nicaragua. It's been awesome to be here, but after a while you start craving a more settled schedule. Since we know we're not here permanently you don't really settle.
Plus we have this to go back to in our back yard in Nicaragua!!! We've got it rough down there!







I feel your holiday color pain. Zach and I like orange and black, so parties for us always look like halloween. that's fun....
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm exhausted just reading your post.:) Looks like a whole lot of fun, though. The pile of fish looks ah-mazing!
ReplyDelete