Charley gave the talk at our sister congregation on Saturday and did a very nice job. So we didn't go to our meeting on Sunday afternoon. Sonia called me that evening to make sure we were okay. It's so nice when your studies call to check up on you!! She even calls to make sure that we're having our study! I'm having a great time with her!
And this past weekend I started to study with Anai. She was raised in the truth, but then the family wasn't real regular for a while. Now she's in her early 20's and has a little boy. We did a review of the first couple of chapters of the Bible Teach book and got to know each other a little. She's a lot quieter than Sonia, but that's not necessarily a bad thing!
I also finally had a couple of studies that I've had a hard time finding this month. They're both really smart young women, and we have a great study when we do manage to get together. Unfortunately one of them is moving out of our territory in about a month, so I'll have to make the most of the month that she's still around. She was one of my very first return visits, actually I think my first, when we moved to this congregation.
The last time I blogged we were getting ready to have our congregation pioneer meeting. Our two elders did the meeting, obviously, and it was very nice indeed. Here is a picture of us all, it didn't turn out that well, but you get the idea. I realized later that I had a big smudge on my lens, therefore the smudgy faces behind me! I look really funny in this picture, like a strange shape or something. Can't put my finger on it, but oh well!
| Pancasan's regular pioneers. Front row - Reyner & Jael and us, obviously! Back row - Rut, Erica, Matilde & Jose |
One thing I remembered the other day that I kept meaning to blog about, or maybe I did already and I forgot, is about the kids here. There's a sister I go out with almost every week in the afternoon, and she has two young kids aged 8 and 11 I think. Their cousin lives next door, and she's about 9. One evening I was over there while Charley was in a meeting, and they got out a little puzzle, maybe of about 30 pieces or so. It was a picture of a little tiger. So we had a fun time putting that together, then we played a little card game with this tiny somewhat worn-out set of cards. Both the puzzle and the cards were from an American sister who has been serving down here for years and brought these presents from the States. The kids had a great time, and I did too, and I was thinking how nice it is to see kids enjoying such simple pleasures. That's something I really appreciate about the kids here. Hardly anyone in our congregation has a computer, the kids don't have video games, if they're fortunate they have a bike and a few little toys, they've probably never been to a cinema to see a film, but they're so happy with the little things. They play outside all the time, and climb trees and invent games, such a simple life that I think a lot of kids in the developed world don't get to enjoy anymore.
Last Monday a friend and her little girl came over to hang out. And then in the afternoon we spent a bit of time at the Lagoon with Brenda and her family. Her mam and dad are here visiting, so it's been nice to get to know them a little.
![]() |
| Caleb, Brenda, and her mam and dad |
![]() |
| Laguna de Apoyo. I love the warm, calm water here! |
![]() |
| Loida & her little girl, Kitlis. You may remember them baking at our house in previous blog posts! |
Also here's a picture of the house. They added some decorative stone out the front and it looks very nice, adds a nice little detail to the house.
Well, I think that's all for now. We're going to see a movie later on today. We get to see it in the VIP theater which has big, reclining chairs and you can order food and have it brought to you. And since the showing is before 2pm, it's only $4.50 each to get in!
Time to go bring the clothes in off the line, they dry pretty quickly here!





No comments:
Post a Comment