Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Should We Be Packing Now?

I can't believe we only have five days left!! Should we have started packing?! Why start today what we can put off until tomorrow, eh?!


We've been really busy since the last blog post. We said our Goodbyes to our studies this week. They've all been left in very capable hands. One study in particular, Leonor, I'm going to miss seeing how her face lights up when she learns something new. The sister who will be studying with her has been given instructions to take pictures of Leonor's little face as she learns something new and email it to me!!


We had an AWESOME time with our friends from England. The second week they were here we took them down to visit Charley's family one day. We went to Oliver Winery along the way - yum! And then on down to have lunch with the family, drive around some of Amish territory down there, and then had a candlelit dinner at my in-laws house (no, we weren't trying to be romantic, the power went out for about an hour!) Here we all are, well, except me because I was behind the camera and who wants to see a picture of me anyway!




Then a couple of days later we took our visitors to Chicago for the day. We had a BLAST up there! Went to Lou Michell's for breakfast, went up the Willis & John Hancock Towers - one by day, one by night. Ate Chicago style pizza, walked the Magnificent Mile, froze our toes off - you know, the usual Chicago in November stuff! Here we are on the Skydeck of the Willis (Sears) tower on the 103rd floor. I'm not afraid of heights but it was a little unnerving at first!




Friday last week we had our circuit pioneer day. It was wonderful, as always. We had 243 in attendance from 23 congregations. An average of 10 per congregation is not bad at all! It was nice to see old friends, and make new ones, and be reminded of everything I need to work on!


Saturday we said a sad goodbye to our visitors from England. We had a wonderful time with them and hope to see them again before too long. In the meantime, there's always Skype!


So, this week, as I said, we said goodbye to our studies. Today I'm enjoying a day off, getting stuff done around here, which so far hasn't included any kind of packing! We have our Circuit Assembly this weekend - woohoooo!!!!! 


Oh, and my amazing field service bag is done. I meant to have a picture ready to put on here but I don't. I'll get to that eventually. I LOVE it! Thanks Yvette - you're the best!!!!


Oh and I had my last day at work on Tuesday. Well, my last day until March 1st that is. It all suddenly seemed so real as I shut down my computer and said goodbye to my coworkers. I'm going to miss everyone at work so much.......................(my boss reads my blog, so I have to say that!). I'm sure they're having a party on Monday to celebrate the start of three Rachel-free months!! Enjoy it while it lasts!


Well, I think that was the latest and greatest. I'm sure I forgot something. Oh yeah I did - I had the best going away gift from a friend in the Sign Language congregation - an hour's massage! It was wonderful. I think I need to pack her in my suitcase!


So I'm going to try and find something productive to do now. Or maybe just watch a movie. I'm fighting off a cold so I need some rest. So far I'm winning, but we'll see who comes out ahead!


Take care everyone and keep in touch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment