It’s Wednesday and we’re still just here in the house today! We don’t have the truck yet. We went to see it yesterday because we passed by the customs place where it is on the way to the airport. They said they have all the documents now, so hopefully today we’ll be able to get it. Heard that one before though so we’ll see!!! It’s all good though.
Leyla called this morning. Her journey home was pretty smooth. Much better than the journey here! It was pretty warm here this morning, at least in the sun out the front of the house it was. Luis was still here working on the gardening. The lawn is all in and will look good once it grows, which shouldn’t take long in the climate. He got one tree down yesterday and the other one down today. Hard work getting a tree out of the ground with an axe!! People work really hard here – not a lot of power tools around. You can hardly tell there were trees there now. The one he took out today had some massive roots which had already broken the sidewalk. He got it out though! A few guys with a horse and cart came and took the pieces away. I think tomorrow the brother who is taking care of it will be planting the new trees that are sitting out back.
| Giant Roots of the tree out front |
| Taking the last bits of tree away |
We moved into the master bedroom today which has its own bathroom and slept very well in there. And I discovered something this morning. It all makes sense now why Leyla was calling the water lukewarm and how nice it was. I turned the shower on and out came the cold water, but then a few seconds later it started coming out WARM!!!!!! So now I understand! The master bathroom is the only one connected to the hot water heater, so the water comes out warm. Lukewarm – my idea of lukewarm! It was LOVELY!!!!!
So all in all it was a quiet day. I mainly just blogged because I wanted to tell the story about the warm shower!! We had Family Worship this morning, and just did this and that around the house, cooked lunch, ate dinner, etc. It’s about 6pm here now and we’ve heard nothing about the truck so probably another day at home tomorrow unless we figure out the public transport. The nearest congregation doesn’t have a meeting until Friday, so if all else fails we’ll get a mototaxi there on Friday evening and find out where they meet for service and when at the weekend. It’s a religious holiday here today and tomorrow from what we understand. So we’ve been told to expect non-stop, loud fireworks coming from every direction all night long!
Oh, and I cooked my first platanos maduros (ripe plantains) yesterday. They were delish if I do say so myself. And yesterday I made a potato soup, and found an unidentified green vegetable looking thing in the fridge so I put that in too. I confirmed online later one that it was a chayote. It’s in the squash family. So we had a tasty dinner yesterday as you can see. That's the chayote making the potato soup green!
That’s all then. Hope you’re all doing well. I won’t go on too much about how warm and sunny it is here all the time since most of you reading this are in a cold climate now!!! It was about the same temperature in Celsius here today that it was in Fahrenheit in Indianapolis……….ok, ok, I’m done on that subject! I see you’re turning a bit green with envy....like my soup!
No comments:
Post a Comment