It worked out well though. We had two studies come to the hall for their study, and someone provided us with lunch, and the CO gave us a bag of bread on his way out in the morning, then his wife gave us a plate of papaya after they came home. We were going to have two other studies come, but since the CO and his wife came home to the apartment we went to our studies house and each had a study there. I think we'll do that every Saturday! Just sit outside the hall in the shade and have our studies come to us!!! It was hot out there, but we'd have been hot out in service anyway, so didn't make much difference!
Sunday we had Group #4 over to the house. We had good support in the morning for the ministry and then had a blast at the house. This was the biggest (and my I say loudest) group we've had so far!! So here are some pictures.
| This is the only group that has even noticed Charley's pull-up bar in the corner |
| So they took turns showing off! |
| Getting everyone ready to play a game |
| Even Hesvan joined in. I couldn't read his writing though! |
| Giving Jorge his bible character - his little boy is whispering the answer to him! |
| Eduardo trying to figure out which Bible character he is |
| We laughed all afternoon and made lots of noise! |
| Kenneth trying to figure out that he's "Abel". |
| Hesvan, Xiomara, Wanda, Kitlis, Whitney & Jael watching all the latest "Become Jehovah's Friend" videos |
| All ready to head back - we got five people on the back "shelf" in the truck! |
| And is that about 13 in the back. And I was in there somehow on the way to the house! |
I don't remember if I've ever mentioned this, and I've never got a picture of it, but the first thing that everyone does when they come here is sit on the sofa, even if there's no room they still all squash on. It's a novelty to have a sofa here. The things we take for granted, eh?
Today, we also had a fun day. After a morning of laundry and Family Worship, we went to PRICESMART!!!! YAY!!!! It's basically Costco, they sell Costco brand stuff there too. A friend has a membership so she took us, and Brenda & Caleb on a field trip. It was very exciting! We got some really good deals on dried spices, and a decent priced bottle of olive oil (it's expensive here and the regular oil is not that great), and a couple of other things. Then we had a little splurge and got a bottle of French Vanilla International Delight coffee creamer. I am SOOOO excited about waking up tomorrow morning and having that in my coffee. It was expensive ($3.70) but it's a nice little treat. Everything else we bought was practical stuff for cooking, baking or cleaning, so that was our little splurge! There was all kinds of stuff I would have loved to have bought, but managed to resist! We also enjoyed the free samples!
| All done shopping, just eating some muffins and chatting while we waited for our friend's husband to come |
We also went to Burger King on the way home to finish off the American experience! It was okay, but it was a nice reminder that I'm not really missing out by not going there!
Oh, and here are a couple of little videos from our Group visit on Sunday. Click here for the kids singing song 120 and here to see everyone piled in the truck!
Well, that's all for now. Time to head to bed, tomorrow is a busy service day.
I also am 100% addicted to PriceSmart. I HAVE TO HAVE your cinnamon rolls recipe. Shelina and I were drooling over the pictures of them.
ReplyDelete