Our landlady is here so she was using the truck, so we got the bus quite a lot this week. That made our service days a bit longer than usual since we had to leave half an hour earlier and would get home almost an hour later, but we had a really productive week. I had most of my studies this week and followed up on some of the interest I found during the week of the visit. It's hard to keep up with all the return visits here but it's nice to be so busy in the ministry.
We had our day off on Thursday as we usually do, but it doesn't feel like we did! I guess partly because Charley had night watch duty at the Kingdom Hall on Wednesday night so he was in bed Thursday morning, and I went out with our landlady to run some errands. We did get some rest though before the meeting in the evening.
My little study Noelia (she's about 12) has started coming to the Thursday night meeting now too and usually manages to comment. She wants to become a publisher and is doing well making the steps to reach that goal. She's a funny, sweet little thing who I sometimes catch imitating me at the meetings! I guess I kind of a sway a bit to the music when I sing, and I've noticed that she does that now! And I saw her out of the corner of my eye on Saturday trying to sit the way I was. I was cracking up inside! I remember being that age and wanting to be just like a pioneer sister in our hall who was about 6 years older than me.
I can't really think of what other stories I have to tell. It's rained a little bit over this last week, just a couple of times and not for more than 15 minutes. But it's been HORRIBLY humid. I sweated like, like, I don't know, like something that sweats profusely. It's so gross to know you're going to be out in your territory all day and by 9:30am you're already drenched and wish you could go home, take a shower, and put fresh clothes on. Hopefully, things will cool down a bit before too long.
We had a great time last night. We had invited some friends over for homemade pizza, and then some friends ended up with friends visiting them, so they came too, so what was going to be a small group of 8 turned into 13!! So we made chicken wings and salad too. And one of our friends brought a bottle of homemade wine. If I do say so myself it was all incredibly delicious and the company was the best. We had such a good time. Oh, and we also had chocolate salami courtesy of one of our Italian friends. It wasn't actually salami, and I've just realized I didn't get a picture of it, but it was delish!
| Caleb, Brenda, Juanita & Charley |
| Pizza and wings. We made four round pizzas and one rectangular one. YUM!!! |
| Aide, Kenia, Paul, Cesar, Geni, baby (forgot her name!), Patricia & Anna |
| Everyone minus Paul who was taking the picture. His wife was home sick unfortunately. |
Well, I should go get my washing out on the line. It's nice and windy out so it should be drying really quickly today. I have quite a mountain of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment