We've been busy, busy and done quite a bit of travelling lately so I just don't seem to have had a minute to post anything. We have friends here from England right now and we're having a great time with them. We've spent some time in Costa Rica, and got to know Ometepe Island here in Nicaragua. I have a ton of pictures to sort through and stories to tell about those trips, but that will have to wait until another day.
Another thing that is keeping us busy is the formation of a new congregation. So tonight is our last meeting with our current congregation (who had a name change and is now called Real Monimbo) and Sunday is our first meeting with the newly created Pancasan congregation. It's made up of publishers from three congregations and Charley will be one of the two elders in it. So, the next few weeks are going to be interesting. Our schedule will no doubt be changing somewhat and now we have to learn a completely new territory, so I should have lots of getting lost stories soon!
Pioneer schools are also in full swing now. The first one started on Monday and I had the always nerve-racking privilege of taking the class photograph yesterday. Charley will be in the second class that starts mid-July. And we've been going to rehearsals for the circuit pioneer meeting which is coming up in about a month.
So, more later. Hope you're all doing well wherever you are. I'll leave you with a couple of pictures. I haven't even copied half of my pictures from my camera to my computer yet but these are a few from our Costa Rica trip.
| Sabana Park in San Jose, Costa Rica - just across the street from our lovely hotel/apartment |
| Tree we walked by in downtown San Jose |
| Inside the San Jose theater |
| Charley with our visitors, Blake & Madalyne (from England) outside one of the museums |
| Hot Lips in the rainforest |
| Hot Lips closeup |
| Orchids in the rainforest in Costa Rica |
| Another orchid |
| Mr Cactus Hands |
| Hanging out on Jaco Beach in Costa Rica. Last photo of Charley's swimming shorts - pair number three left behind! |
| Basket-case! Too much sunshine does things to your brain! |
I was looking through my feed yesterday saying "Rachel hasn't posted in a while." Missed you and these great posts! Thanks for the updates! You two have been QUITE busy. Im sure you enjoyed Costa Rica and love having your frienda visit :) please tell them Tiera C from VA, United States sends her hello and love!
ReplyDeleteI know you will enjoyed your new cong and stay very busy. Amazing growth down there obviously.
Will be looking forward to next post! Glad all is well!
Agapé,
Tiera
I'm so pleased you're having a great time and all is well, I was having blog withdrawal, and really missing your stories/pictures! Love to all xxx
ReplyDelete