We got to enjoy Brother Sanderson's talks twice, since he was also the visiting GB member at the Atlanta International Convention in Spanish. He gave his talks in English, and Brother Williams did a FANTASTIC job of interpreting. That is HARD work indeed. We went to the Spanish Regional Convention in Indianapolis this past weekend and it was quite a treat. We had almost 32,000 there peak, and a whopping great 470 baptized including 10 from the congregation we used to be in here in Indy! With all the locations tied together the peak attendance was over 191,000 with 2248 baptized! Spanish is still a growing field here in the US! My pictures from Spanish are still inside my camera so that'll be another post.
| Thursday cleaning was HARD work! I got filmed by the Bethel camera crew. I got so nervous - haha!!! |
| Family from England |
| Some of the Indianapolis Burmese group. They're so sweet! |
| Tim & James from a Polish group in England |
| Friends from Poland and Bulgaria. |
| Local delegates from Kentucky. A sweet sister in our congregation in Nicaragua sent little wooden bowls as gifts for some of the delegates so I made sure I got a picture of those I gave them to. |
| Charley with a brother from Estonia |
| Lucas Oil Stadium enjoying it's calmest event ever! |
| Sister from Poland in traditional dress |
| The baptism on the big screen. |
| More traditional Polish outfits |
| Polish again - we had a lot from Poland! |
| Fellow Brits from Chesterfield, Derbyshire - my favorite British county! |
| Charley with the British brothers |
| I just love this shot!! Such a united people |
| My friend Cherub had a TON of people over Saturday evening including two really sweet brothers from London Hindi congregation. They taught us some Indian dancing! It was so much fun! |
| Dressed up Nicaragua style for the last day of the convention |
| Very few friends from the Philippines were able to come, but here are few of the beautiful friends who did. I guess many of them weren't able to get a visa to come visit. |
| After being baptized for some 36 years, Janice had the pleasure of seeing her husband get baptized on Saturday! |
| My favorite picture from Sunday! This is our new friend Zane. Isn't he ADORABLE!?!?!? |
| This pretty much sums up what Sunday was like!!! We have half a suitcase of gifts to share with the friends in Nicaragua. |
| I think these sisters are in a Russian congregation in the UK |
| The Matthews. I think Lara was trying to hide! |
| With some friends from East Spanish Indianapolis |
| Couple from Finland |
| The Tres Amigos! The family resemblance is so strong in this shot. |
| With my parents |
| With our new friends Adam & Sohpia who gave us those cool bags on Friday |
| Not sure - it had been a long day by then! |
| Friends from Romania. |
| The Bethel camera crew were there for the meeting for field service too! |
| Isn't Josslyn adorable?! |
| Friends from the Philippines with a couple of locals |
| This couple are from England. We discovered we have friends in common! |
| Lunchtime in the tent |
| Arthur & Monica from Poland |
| The kids did the drama of Achan |
| Time for the delegates to leave |
Well, that was enough for today, probably more than enough. I have more pictures, but I won't post them all. You get the idea from the above pictures. It was such a pleasure to be part of this experience. Starting to save our pennies for the next round of Internationals!
Absolutely beautiful! Ours was in NJ back in June. Memories we will cherish forever!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos! The sister from Finland looks like Shawn.
ReplyDeleteWonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Thank you for sharing your experiences Rach, please keep them coming!
ReplyDeleteI knew it would be a great post.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your BlogSpot! We met you on Sunday when you were dressed in local Nicaragua attire. I enjoyed the pictures of the dear friends and your experiences! The sister you met and took a pic with (thought Ukraine) that was in full dress for 3 days is from Bulgaria and is in the Russian language group there. Her mother made her outfit. She was at the convention with her father, mother and brother. We sat by them on Sunday. Hello to our dear brothers in your congregation!
ReplyDelete