Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Catching up with Instagram

This post is just dedicated to posting pictures that my Instagram followers have already seen. So, for those of you on IG, don't bother looking at this post!!! I will warn you in advance that these pictures are all completely jumbled and out of order! I'll just put captions with them to keep you straight!

Our parents secretly planned a surprise 10th anniversary party for us with the help of our local need-greater buddies. This is before we left the house to go out for a meal together. The surprise almost fell apart because we were home earlier than we were supposed to be, but they managed to pull it off!! We had a good laugh about that.


I thought Charley was joking when he said one night, "There's a horse in our front yard". Poor skinny little thing was helping us cut the grass. But then the police who ride around on bikes doing nightwatch chased him away, poor guy!

Another surprise from my parents. The lovely Brenda delivered this fabulous arrangement for us the morning of our anniversary. Enjoyed having it around the house while it lasted.

This was the night we had our young ones over to study the Watchtower and play games. We have a good group of teenagers.

Collage of the surprise anniversary dinner. We had some fabulous pizza at Monna Lisa in Granada, about 20 mins away. The picture with a beer in my hand - I wanted a shandy but they didn't have any Sprite or 7UP so one of our friends, Jenny, decided she'd go buy some from a local corner shop. She came back with two bags of 7UP!!! That's how they serve it here out of a glass bottle, but it was funny to have that on our table in the restaurant! THANKS JENNY!!!! Enjoyed the shandy! We are also still enjoying the presents. We got some whiskey, homemade starfruit wine (tastes like sherry, yum), French Vanilla coffee creamer (it's a luxury here!) and homemade chocolate. Thanks everyone!

The day we spent in Granada on our anniversary day. We had some great food, and a chocolate body scrub and deep tissue massage! Wonderful treat!


My new comfy seat on the bike! HAHAHA! Just kidding. Charley was going to care for a brother at the hospital and if you want to sit down you have to take your own chair - the health system here leaves a lot to be desired.

Fun with my study Anai. After we read the story of Moses we did some coloring. I love coloring and counting my time. Doesn't get much better than that!!

Remembering our wedding day 10 years on.

Spent $3.60 on all of this at the market yesterday. I love living so close to the Masaya market.

Visitor we found in our bathtub the other day!

Charley is tiling the kitchen. So far, so good.

Then we found another one the next morning!

My new haircut. I'm hopeless at selfies but I love how it turned out.
And I leave you with a shot of Granada's lakefront with Mombacho Volcano in the distance.
Hope you enjoyed the pictures. Sums up what we've been up to lately, more or less. We have our convention coming up in a couple of weeks so hopefully I'll have some good pictures from that. We also have to make a visa run soon before the convention. Our 90 days is about to run out, so we have to either buy an extension, or take a daytrip to the border with Costa Rica. I hate it every day 90 days starts to roll around! Amazing how time flies and that we're already thinking about that.

Well, back to the housework. I keep getting distracted!

No comments:

Post a Comment