Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Watching it grow

Well it turns out that quite a few are still subscribed to the blog and happily received a post after that two year break! 

This past week was a really hectic one. Monday is always a busy day in the kitchen at the Educational Center. Tuesday we took the third and final class picture for the Elders School that was held in Masaya. It moves on to Managua now, and to a local photographer there! It was lovely to be a part of the schools that way, but I'm glad we don't have to travel outside of Masaya to take pictures!! Wednesday was a long service day, mostly studies. Thursday we went to Charley's parents new place for the day and helped clean and paint. Amazing what a difference a couple of coats of nice paint can make to a place! Friday we went to pre-assembly cleaning in the morning, and were assigned to clean where the buses park so got a good dose of sun!! Then we got the witnessing cart out for a couple of hours in the afternoon. I was supposed to have two studies after that too, but they both cancelled, and honestly I didn't complain since we still had to go shopping for our assembly lunch!


Katie (my mother-in-law) and I supervising Charley's painting!

Cleaning the bus parking area at our assembly hall

Most of the crew from our congregation

Beautiful clouds across from our witnessing cart spot

Saturday was a lovely assembly, with branch rep. The theme of loving Jehovah with your whole heart was very encouraging and as always left us a lot to work on. It was also such a joy to see 10 new ones baptized, including my dear Laynori. I studied with her when we first moved here, and now, 7 years later, she's 14, her mom is back in the truth, and she's taken her own stand and dedicated her life to Jehovah. I could barely hold back the tears when she came to tell me Saturday morning. 

It really is such a joy to play a small part in people's journey towards baptism. Although it was a long time ago, and she's had lots of help from her family all along, there's always a special place in your heart for these young ones who you've watched grow and progress. Getting to stay in the same area as we've served here these seven years has been such a treat, because although we've changed congregations, we are still close enough to see those who we've had the privilege of studying with, or grown close to, make progress. 

Laynori and I at convention in September 2012

My dear Laynori the morning before her baptism September 2019
(I didn't try to pick her up this time!)

With her friends and family


One of my current little students

Quite a few young ones from our first congregation had Watchtower comments.

They weren't even teenagers when we first moved here

And we remember her kindergarten graduation party!

Sunday morning we got to help do some landscaping at our Kingdom Hall, since we didn't have meeting that day. It's amazing how much fun you can have with a machete and a pair of garden shears!!! And thankfully it was cloudy so working outside was pretty pleasant. 

In the afternoon we headed to where my in-laws live and had lunch with them and the couple who we came to visit on our first ever trip to Nicaragua. There is still some work to do around the house Charley's mam and dad have moved in to, but they're slowly getting there. They have a rooster nearby with a rather unique voice but after you've lived here a while all such sounds at 3am don't even wake you up anymore!!

Well, that was more like a journal entry than a blog post wasn't it?! Not quite as interesting as I would have liked it to be! But I enjoy writing, so even if you got bored after the first paragraph, I enjoyed reminiscing over a busy but satisfying week!

It seems like during the week I thought of something entertaining to tell you all about but I can't seem to remember what it was!

I'm supposed to be out doing studies but its raining with thunder and lightening so I'm hoping maybe in a bit it will calm down enough to make it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment