Well, we leave seven weeks today!! It's hard to believe how time is flying by so fast.
We've had such a lot going on lately. October 1st I did a festival in an attempt to sell some of my photographs that I've taken on our travels. I got lots of compliments and I was very pleased with how they looked, but people just weren't buying much at this festival, so I sold very little indeed. But it was a good experience and since then I've sold a few pictures to people I know so it wasn't a complete waste of time!
Then this last week we just had CO visit. We still haven't recovered from that yet!! It was a wonderful week though, but tiring! We had really good support for field service, and amazing meeting attendance. We have about 115 publishers right now I think, but we had 250 at the meeting on Sunday!!! The hall was PACKED!! It was wonderful to see so many people there. Our CO and his wife are awesome, so we had a great time with them.
And on Sunday we had an amazing day out in service. To cut some long stories short we ended up by "coincidence" in a parking lot of a store where all the hispanos shop, and the other sister in the group talked to someone who gave her an address so she could call on her, then the brother in our group got out of the car to talk to someone and it turned out to be a call he'd lost track of so he got his new info. And then a guy approached us to ask for the WT and a Bible Study! He used to study in Florida but hadn't found the witnesses here yet, so we made plans with him! And then we went to my territory, and just "happened" to knock at a door where a guy told us that hispanos lived in the corner house, and we didn't have that address written down, so we went and found a girl who was raised in the truth, lost her way a little, and wants to come back. She cried, and we cried, and made plans to pick her up for the meeting on Thursday! So all in all, it was an amazing day of "coincidences" that left us all on a high!!!
So, that's the latest from Indy. We have a lot of stuff coming up to make time fly even faster! We're spending the weekend with Charley's family this weekend since it's been a disgracefully long time since we saw them all! And it's our 7th anniversary this weekend too. I'm looking forward to doing a whole lot of nothing to celebrate!
Well, that's all for now. Hope you're all doing well - all two of you who are reading this blog that is!
Happy anniversary! This is in lieu of a card, okay? Have fun prepping for your trip.
ReplyDelete