It's hard to believe how quickly a week flies by. We had a wonderful weekend enjoying our anniversary. Friday evening we did dinner and a movie with my mam and dad. Then Saturday we went down to Bloomington to stay with Lara & Gannon (Charley's sister and hubby), Sunday went with them to give a talk out, then in the evening went on down to Charley's mam and dad's house and stayed until Monday along with Charley's other sister and her two boys. We had a great time with them all!
So, over the weekend we decided that we were going to take up the offer to stay at the house of a family in our hall who have a house down in Nicaragua. (Did that sentence make any sense?!?!) They asked us a while ago, and we hadn't decided yet where we wanted to serve. But after much prayer and thought and lists of pros and cons we decided that their house would be the best option. So, we hadn't called the family yet to ask if their offer still stood, but on my break at work I prayed about it, asking Jehovah to let us know if this was the right decision. 20 minutes later the sister whose house it is called me out the blue!! She wants to travel from here to Nicaragua with us and spend a few days at her house getting some stuff in order!! So I asked if the offer was still available, she very excitedly said of course it was, so it's all settled!!! It may have been a coincidence that she called right after I prayed about it, but I'll let each of you form your own opinion on that one!!
So, if all works out as planned, she'll travel on the same flights as us, and so we'll have her there to help us settle in. I feel so much calmer about it all now! I was concerned about finding this house that we've never been to, in an area we don't really know yet, so that's taken care of! From her description of the house I think we'll be living it up!!!
Now all that is left is to find out what congregations are in the area and which one needs the most help. Hopefully we can get some contact info and find that out before we go down there.
Well, that's all for now. I've been online today looking for a backpack service bag that also has a shoulder strap at a reasonable price - such a thing doesn't exactly exist but I haven't given up yet! I'm sure it won't be the last time you read about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment