Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Food, glorious food...

Another thing that is expensive here is pizza. So we finally got around to making our own pizza tonight. I've been wanting to for a while. This is the first time we've ever made pizza together, although Charley has made it plenty of times before in Bethel and I used to watch my mam make it back in England, if that counts for anything!

We made a bit more than we could eat in one sitting, but not enough to feed a Bethel family.

And I have to say that it was DELICIOUS! Charley had already made the dough the other day when he was making a loaf of bread. And then I made the sauce today from scratch, Charley cooked the sausage, and I chopped/grated the rest of the topping. And Charley determined when it was ready to take out of the oven. A true team effort, although I think Charley did the biggest part since he made the dough.

Here are some pictures.

Charley got the dough in the bigger one, and I flattened out the little round one

Ready to go in the oven - homemade sauce, sausage, onion, green pepper & mozzarella

All hot, melty, and delicious!

Charley's artsy picture of the big pizza

All sliced and waiting to be devoured

And devour it we did

Yum. That's one happy pizza eater.
The fun part is, we still have the other thinner crust, rectangular one left for another day!

Stay tuned for stories of homemade peanut butter - it might be a while since I haven't actually done it yet. But it's another thing that's expensive, and on my "do-it-yourself" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment