Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Friday, August 2, 2013

Just some pictures for now

Haven't had much time to blog, but here are some pictures for now from Charley's pioneer school. They were all taken by a brother in the class that kindly shared them. Stories later!

Lunch time at Charley's pioneer school

First day's lunch - pollo tapado. Our congregation was involved. See those beautifully chopped veggies - yeah, I had a hand in that!!

Another congregation brought fruit salad and we all worked together to serve it. It was delish!!

Our congregation coordinator, Wilber (holding the box), and the young brother is Yisak, one of our ministerial servants. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of him when we were preparing food and he wore a pink plastic bag on his head!

The hussle and bussle of lunch time

At the end of every lunch the CO would have everyone applaud those who brought the food.

This brother is in Nicaragua Sign Language. He was a substitute teacher for the first couple of days.

This is the day I arrived to take the class picture. The brother insisted on taking a picture of me by myself!

Manolo & Anita - from Spain. He's the one who took all these pictures.

Some of the ladies of the class

More ladies. 

Not quite sure what happened here, but Veronica (the one running) seems to have made everyone laugh!!

About two thirds of the class were sisters - the women are indeed a large army (Psalms 68:11)

It rained almost every afternoon right when it was time to leave class. This is Jenny - I guess she got wet! She's such a fun sister!

Sulema & don't know his first name Guevara - CO in Managua. Next to them Jenny & Paul (ones in the doorway). They are from Tennessee and have been down here for about a dozen years now I think. They're great fun!

Charley with Veronica (from Florida) and Manolo & Anita (from Spain).

Veronica sweeping!

Our CO's wife Elizabeth (with the hat on)

I think you know this guy!

Our CO (sitting on the table) and Brother Widdy reading out a letter - him and his wife were recently appointed special pioneers. His wife is the one in the audience with the camera!

The guys. I don't know if they're all in this picture - but most of them I'd say.

Most of the needgreaters in Masaya were in the class. Anita, Manolo, Paul, Jenny, Laura, Dillenis. We dearly love all these dear friends serving down here.

This picture sums Jenny up - see why we love her so much?!

Veronica with the public witnessing stand. A couple of local brothers made this. It has wheels and even folds up.
Ok, well, those were the pictures from Charley's class. They had a great time. Maybe next year I'll be able to share pictures from my experience at pioneer school!

Next time - pictures from our second trip to Casares to help with the Kingdom Hall construction.

2 comments:

  1. I love this Rachel! You guys are having a blast! I can't wait to pioneer :) Very very soon hopefully.
    So some friends keep asking me where I want to go serve since I keep talking about serving in a spanish-speaking country.

    Well Nica is first on my list :) and then, Peru! Because of the blogs of friends in Nica, I've been so excited to come there. Hopefully I can get there after graduation in May. I would love that. Please tell Charley I know he had a blast in pioneer school!

    Agape!

    Tiera [Richmond, VA, USA]

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOMENESS!!!!!!! I love the pics! Pioneer school is the best time EVER. You guys look great.

    ReplyDelete