Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Monday, September 30, 2013

Bit of this, bit of that

So, time is flying by and we're having a blast. Here are some photos of some of the things we've been up to since we got back. Can't believe we've been here almost a month already. Jehovah has blessed us with work. Charley went back to his old job the week after we got back, he's working 32 hours a week. And I went back to my old job the day after we got back from NY, working my same old schedule, same three days a week! 

It's so great to be with family again, and our old congregation is bursting at the seams. It's been great to see them, and meet so many new ones who are coming along. They just had a new elder appointed so that's exciting. Makes me feel a little less guilty about the fact that we're only staying for two months!!

So, most of the stories will be told in pictures. I start in Indy, then off to NY, but only half the trip in this one because there are too many photos!

We spent the weekend with Charley's family and Lara made some DELICIOUS pizza.

Our nephews have grown so much in this last year. Isn't Noah just gorgeous?!

And Asa too of course. He's such a comedian. We had a good laugh with him.

Charley's dad & grandpa. We spent a nice afternoon at grandpa's chatting and switching between football and baseball (and eating all his candy!!!)

And we met Hannah's new dog - ain't she adorable?!

I was invited out to breakfast with a few friends from the Spanish congregation. 

Oscar works there and made us some yummy omelettes.

German & Maritza, Sabina and her sister Tere - this was part of the breakfast crew. After breakfast, I went downtown to meet friends for lunch - soup was about all I could eat!! And then went to my old job and got my job back! That was a very good day indeed!


 I can't remember what we did that following week. Charley worked I guess, and I went out in service or something. I don't know. The days are all sort of running together at this point!

Josslyn & Hollister at the Indy Irish Fest. They had a great time dancing!

The fish 'n' chips were great, and the music and dancing was very entertaining. We even saw some of Charley's family there and a couple other friends from Indy. It was good to be back at the Irish Fest again!
Then off we went to NY. Our first day we toured Walkill.

They've done such a lot of expansion there.

Amy gave us our tour. She's been there two years now, with her husband. They used to be in my parent's circuit in Indianapolis. 

I think for the first time ever...

...I actually got to see one roll ending and the new one starting!

Just to give some perspective on how tall the piles of paper are for the presses at Walkill. I think the press goes through one of those rolls in about 25 minutes when it's operating at max speed.

They've changed the way they do the congregation orders. Now the guys get to run around kitted out like Transformers or something!

The new literature shipping system.

Heading towards the new residence building where Amy lives and works.

They're building the new recreation building over there.

The roof was lovely with lots of tables and chairs everywhere.

Amy and her new vacuum cleaner.

At lunch with Todd and Amy. The other three sisters at the table were day workers harvesting grapes!

Trying to be "artsy".

Walkill grapes

The harvest in action.

The usual picture you have to take at Walkill!

Then in the afternoon we went to Brotherhood Winery - the oldest winery in America.


There I go, trying to be artsy again.

And again

We took a tour through the wine cellars.

Charley and his vat of wine - it was really hard to get in the car.

Wine tasting. My dad had a good time - the camera just didn't capture that!

So, that took us part way through the trip. Stay tuned for more NY pictures. Coming soon - Brooklyn, the Met, Central Park and upstate NY with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment