Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Monday, October 7, 2013

So, where was I?

More pictures from the rest of our NY trip!

Bakery crew - one of the brothers in this picture was in Puerto Rico Bethel but it closed. He knows some friends who are serving near us in Nicaragua. Always a small world in the organization!

Charley's kitchen overseer in the middle and another brother who used to work in the kitchen when Charley was there.


Guess what's for lunch?!

We also ran into Brother Ortiz who was our District Overseer in Spanish about 10 years ago! He's in Patterson now but just happened to be in Brooklyn that day.


Meatloaf for lunch with Natheer & Mary. He was congregation servant (pre-elder days!) in the congregation my dad went to when he was in Bethel in the late 60's.

Outside the dining room.

Recognize this from the video they just showed at the annual meeting?! We visited the writing department, which is where our friend we ate lunch with works.

Family shot outside the new archives museum in Brooklyn Bethel.


The name of the exhibit - it was FANTASTIC!


A copy of the first ever Watchtower - July 1879 - been in print ever since. Looks a little different these days though, right?!

Slides from the Photo Drama of Creation - I thought this was awesome to see!

I particularly liked these two slides!! Especially the one about hats!!!

Isn't this the cutest picture?!

A memory from "home". Thankfully we don't have to use that kind of paper for our publications in Nicaragua now.

Remember the article on the suitcases on wheels that the sisters used to deliver book subscriptions?


Paradise!

45 years since mam and dad met. Mam was on tour, dad was tour guide. This building doesn't belong to the Society anymore but it has fond memories for my mam and dad, and many others I'm sure.


We went to Charley's old English congregation in the Bronx. It was so nice to see everyone.

I can't put any pictures from the MET tour that we did, but I think this one is okay. This is the group of us on the tour. We had other Americans with us, and then a couple of Australians and one from South Africa. This tour was amazing. You can reserve a tour at Oasis Tours website. If you're going to NY try to fit this in. It was wonderful. They showed us art related to the first 4 of the 7 world powers from Bible history. And that little boy you see there - not quite 5 yet - and he spent 3 hours on tour with the group and never complained. He was adorably sweet!

Ahhhh - Friday afternoon in Central Park with free live music and lots of sunshine!

Mam and dad chillin' in Central Park

Saw this hall when we were on the bus - I thought it was cool looking, just across from Central Park.

Then we went upstate to visit my dad's brother and his family. This picture is actually taken in Indianapolis bc somehow I managed to never take a picture with Uncle Jimmy in - sorry Uncle Jimmy!

My cousin Jason and his family

We stayed with my cousin Jenny. This is her hubby John who almost ended up without a picture too!

With my aunt Julie, cousin Jenny, and her daughters Ryanne & Tessa. I remember when Tessa was a newborn and we visited once. Wow - how time flies by!

These two are siblings in my Uncle Jimmy's congregation and guess what their names are - Charlie & Rachel!!!!

And this is awesome place we stayed in above my cousin Jenny's garage. Her husband kindly let us hang out in his den for a couple of nights.

How's that for a welcome!!!

And the bed was up there at the top. I tried to sleep all night without needing the bathroom but it didn't work. That was quite a fun trip down in the middle of the night!!!

So, that was the rest of our trip to NY. We had a fantastic time. The only bummer is that we missed that new Bible exhibit that they mentioned at the annual meeting this past weekend.

Speaking of the Annual Meeting - WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't find words!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




I have more pictures from Indy and the lovely welcome party the Spanish here had for us, but that will keep for another post!

4 comments:

  1. What a great way to start my Tuesday morning. Thanks for taking us along on your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always I love all of this! So glad you had such a great time.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan Lau! I worked with the other brother on the waiter crew 93-97 but I just can't remember his name. Hard workers both of them. It's so encouraging to see them still serving there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I wish I could have went with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete