Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Philippians 2:13 in action

I LOVE how the revised NWT renders Phil. 2:13 - "For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act."

"energizes you" - love that wording!! I got to experience this scripture in action this week. We usually take Thursday's off, but since Wednesday we only went out a half day, we went out Thursday morning too - plus we wanted to be there to kick off the District Convention invitation campaign.

So, on Friday I was EXHAUSTED! I mean, I didn't do much Thursday afternoon, but apparently that morning off makes a big difference to my energy levels! And on top of that, Friday was looking to be a long day since I arranged to go see an old study of mine at 6pm, and then go listen to one of my old students give her first part on the school.

We met with the group, and Charley and I ended up working together, and he wanted to take me to a return visit that was about 10 minutes walk. I was two steps behind him all the way to his return visit, I just couldn't seem to get myself moving! So, I silently prayed to Jehovah as I lagged behind that he energize me, that he give me both the desire and the power to act since I didn't feel like I had either of those things! I thought to myself how nice it would be to have a return visit that would invite us to sit down.

So, we get to his return visit and the young mother, Dinora, comes and opens the gate, and ushers us in. I don't think she even said Hello! And then she got chairs out and put them in the shade! So, we decided I'd do the call and just go right to the Bible Teach book. Turns out she used to study when she was 13, but then moved and lost contact. She chose Chapter 11 from the book about why God permits suffering. So, we launch right into the study, and she was amazing! She had such good input, and she explained what we read in the Scriptures really well. Since she wasn't expecting us, and said she'd been busy cleaning, I suggested we stop after we read paragraph 4, but she said we could continue. When we got to paragraph 9 I said well, I've taken a lot of your time, do you want to continue another day. She was like, "No, let's continue, I don't want to be left hanging, I need to know the answer now"!!!! So we did all the way through paragraph 14! When we were about to read paragraph 12 I drew her attention to the picture of the teacher and student, and rhetorically asked "What does that have to do with what we're talking about?" Before I said, let's read on to find out, she was giving her version of what she thought the picture meant. And she was pretty much spot on!! We were totally impressed!!

So, instant Bible Study - I came out from there ENERGIZED beyond words!!! I told Charley what I had prayed along the way - talk about an instant answer!!

The rest of the day was excellent. I conducted another two studies, one of whom is working 7 days a week right now but happened to be off yesterday so we studied in the afternoon. The other was Sujey, who I mentioned in the last post. Had a nice little study with her. 

So, we finished service around 7pm, my old study that I went to see in the evening gave us something to eat, and then we went to the meeting to see Laynori give her part on the Theocratic Ministry School. She was AMAZING, as I knew she would be because she's one of the quickest little 8 year olds I know! I'll have a video of that for you soon - it's currently uploading.

Well, we're going to do Family Worship now since Charley's meeting interfered with our plans earlier in the week! Take care and be energized!

No comments:

Post a Comment