Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pictures Galore!

Here are the pictures from the District Convention. I had chance to upload them today since I took the day off. Charley took about a dozen from the congregation to help on a Kingdom Hall construction project that we were invited to in Managua. Since I've been the last three times, I gave up my space in the truck to let someone else go - that's my excuse I'm sticking to it!! 

Oh, and I'll share a funny story before I post the pictures. I like to entertain the congregation every now and then, and I did a really good job of it last night. It was SOOO embarrassing! Charley asked a young sister and I to do a demonstration on the service meeting. I could have sworn he told me we'd do the demonstration after paragraph 6. So, when he was done getting comments on paragraph 6 he said "So, how can we respond to someone who says they don't believe in the Bible. Let's see...". Doesn't that sound like a cue for a demonstration to you?!?! So, as I was sitting in the front row, when he said "Let's see..." I was almost about to step on the platform, when I suddenly realize he's saying "...what paragraph 7 says" and he starts to ask the question. I was mortified!!!! The congregation was CRACKING up laughing at me. After he took some comments in paragraph 7 then he said "Let's see a demonstration". One of those moments I'm sure nobody will let me forget!!!!

Now for the pictures!

Ready for our first day of convention. I invented a new hairstyle for myself, which I failed to repeat on Sunday when I tried so hard to!!

Caleb being Chairman of the session

We went out to eat at a new Chinese place. Love this sign. It says "We don't have WiFi. Talk amongst yourselves"

They have some HUGE plates of food. Charley ate every last morsel of it!

Saturday morning

Adina, Brenda & Javiera

With two of the Escobar sisters. Most of their family is in our congregation.

Charley with Ismael, Yader & Yisak. At least one of them is wearing a new tie that was kindly donated by the brothers back in Indianapolis. I can't remember which ties they were, they may all be wearing a new one.

The youngest Escobar girls - Yasuara & Bicri - both got baptized on Saturday

Our dear friends Domingo & Francis, and Brother Taleno who is just adorable! He was at all three days of convention.

Darwin & Erica

Jocelyn, Itzel & Jenny. I have the privilege of studying with Itzel. Her and her mam are progressive studies

Jason getting baptized. This was the best shot I managed to get!

Our friend Justin's study, Jaime, getting baptized

Bicri & Yasuara's baptism

Our fourth new member at Pancasan, Paula

The lovely Escobar family, plus their little friend Abby!

The Escobar siblings, the youngest two now baptized servants of Jehovah.

The girls with their mam and dad. Happy day for them all - don't let their serious faces fool you!

Brenda and I on Saturday. I wore my "oldie-but-goodie" skirt. It used to be my mam's, as was the belt. Its estimated to be about 25 years old! Love it!

The lovely Brenda & Caleb

Charley being chairman on Saturday afternoon

With my friend Jael, who calls me her Barbie doll! Her dress was a kind gift from a sister back in Indianapolis. If anyone in East Spanish Indianapolis sees this picture, please show it to Ester Perez and tell her it was greatly appreciated as were all the clothes she sent. 

Jairo & Rosario with two of their three kids. Jairo was also wearing new shirts and ties at the convention courtesy of the friends in Indianapolis.

Our lovely girls, Bicri, Yasuara, Lucinda & Jennifer. All but one baptized in the last 3 weeks.

Our coordinator was chairman on Sunday morning

This little girl came up to me and said she wanted a picture with me. Then she vanished before we took it. Turns out she went to get her mam and baby sister. Now I have to figure out a way to get a copy of this to her!

I think I've managed to finally upload videos to YouTube too so here goes. Just a couple of 20 second clips of the convention.







2 comments:

  1. Aw you look so pretty in all of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your experience on the missing cues! I had a similar experience. I was supposed to be going up on stage with the speaker's wife but she was so enthralled with his talk she almost missed the cue.

    The video of 3000 singing in Spanish is great too. Thanks for sharing as always!

    ReplyDelete