Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Monday, December 2, 2013

Wrapping up the US visit

So, I'm finally finding time to blog about the last part of our visit to Indianapolis. We've been down here in Nicaragua for a week now, but it's been a rather hectic one. 

Our landlady and her daughters arrived Sunday afternoon, went to our first meeting back and got there late because of the airport run we had to do! And of course they sat us in the front row!! It was sooooo wonderful to see everyone again though. It feels so good to be back. Our visit to the States was amazing, we had a great time, but it's also really great to be back down here. And then as soon as we got unpacked it was time for host week and circuit assembly! As it turned out we didn't need to go stay with friends, so at least we didn't have to do all that packing again! So, today, as you can imagine, is the first chance we've had to get some stuff done around here!

Anyway, this post is supposed to be about the rest of our time in the US. Mostly summed up in pictures.


Went with my parents and a couple of sisters from their congregation to see a high school performance of Grease!!

Not sure how they got that car in there!

It was very colorful and entertaining. High school kids put on good shows!

Enjoyed the beautiful colors of autumn out in service 

East Spanish Indianapolis was host congregation for the circuit assembly and I got invited to lunch with the CO and DO. We had a very encouraging week with them.

Lunchtime hospitality - chicken soup, complete with the feet!

We also went to visit some friends in Columbus. Charley used to study with their boys, and they always were very hospitable. So we just had to make a trip to go see them. We had a lovely evening and saw the newlyweds while there!

I LOVE Charley's face in this picture!

Spent some time at Charley's sister's house. I think he's on the floor because he was getting mad at Charley for not letting him watch the movie in peace! In the end, he slept in peace instead!

Amalia and Priscilla came over to see me one afternoon.

Isn't she the cutest?!?!

And our last week was spent down in Bloomington & Bloomfield with the family. 

Noah took this shot with my camera - I was very impressed with his composition

Off to visit Grandpa.

4 generations of Matthews boys

And then on the way back to Bloomington on Monday this happened. The day before giving this car back to the sister we borrowed it from. It was completely the other person's fault though - pulled right out in front of us.

And when you don't have a corkscrew - you call Charley

And if there's no bottle opener - call Hannah!!

20 shots later I think I decided this was the one!

Whoops - out of order - this is playtime in Grandpa's basement!


Well, that's pretty much the rest of our time in the States. Thanks to everyone who supported us and took such good care of us. We had a great time, made a bit of money, and got our batteries recharged for coming back down here.

Serving where the need is greater in another country is an amazing, rewarding experience. And this time it felt like we came home, everything is familiar now, and our spiritual family down here welcomed us with open arms. I'd encourage anyone that's considering it to just do it. You'll never regret it.
Oh, and I'm on Instagram now! You'll see pictures and videos there that you probably won't ever see on the blog, so add me! My username is poet879

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Rachel! I bet it was a treat to be visiting family, but since Nica is now "home", I bet it felt even greater to be back home.

    I love your tidbit at the end. I can't wait to experience it. All of my friends + all of you need greaters with blogs really show us how amazing the privilege really is.

    Thanks for updating us! I know your studies are glad to have you back. Glad you all made it safely.
    Welcome to IG! My user name is _tinyteem just in case you see a request you arent familiar with :)

    Tiera.

    macedoniainrichmond.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete