As a few of you may know, we stayed home on Thursday all day which was a lovely break. So I decided to buy 12 hours of internet since it’s only about $2.50. I thought it was going to be awesome being able to be connected all day. I learned my lesson. I had a sore neck and shoulders the next day from spending too much time at the computer, and I felt like I’d wasted most of the day after 10:30am when I bought the 12 hours of internet. It was nice to have some conversations via email and Skype throughout the day, and download some stuff from jw.org, but I really came to realize that buying internet by the hour now a few times a week is much better. I never thought I’d find myself saying this, but I like not being connected all the time!
So, this week went by well. I can’t think of any outstanding stories. Had some good studies this week and started a couple of new ones, well, if they continue that is! One thing we did do with our 12 hours of internet was dial in using Skype to our meeting back in Indianapolis. It was nice to hear everyone’s voices, and we got to hear a happy announcement of a new ministerial servant. We’ve only been gone about 6 or 7 weeks I think, and in the congregation a baby has been born, a family has moved out, a brother has been appointed a servant, a brother & sister got married, and a new regular pioneer was appointed! Amazing how much can happen in a few weeks!
I got to be householder on Friday night which was a nice treat. And Charley did the demonstration in the service meeting of someone thinking out loud what his householder’s point of view was before replying. I was VERY impressed. It was very fluent, and he handled it really well. Good acting! Of course I have no video to share of it!
This week Charley went back to Managua with our landlord’s brother to get the plates for the truck. If you read that blog you may remember that they just gave him temporary papers for a month because they’d run out of plates or something. So they went back on Friday morning and even though everything was supposed to be ready to go, they now wanted some other paper that they had to come back to the house for and then go back with it. And then after all that they just gave them another month’s extension!!! That’s just a glimpse into how things work (or don’t work) down here! But at least it’s sorted out until we leave at the end of February so we’ll be leaving that in someone else’s hands!
Today we had a nice time out in service, and then in the afternoon we went to a baseball field in our territory to play kickball. There were about 16 of us in the end I think. It was a good time. We played for about 2 hours, maybe a little more, and I can already tell that I will be paralyzed tomorrow! I can’t cross my legs without lifting one of my legs up with my hands, so tomorrow will be worse no doubt!
We’re off to La Banderas tomorrow to the congregation that Philip & Luisa Robleto serve in. (That’s the oldest son of the family we visited for a month last year). So we’re having lunch with them and then Charley is giving the talk at the 4pm meeting. So many people attend on Sunday’s there, that they have to conduct two meetings to fit everyone in the hall. And there are only two elders, and one of them is very limited in what he can do because of his health. Shame we don’t know someone with a house near them that we could live in!!
Well, that was my boring post for today. I would like to have a great kickball picture to post but my battery died after one picture and it wasn’t a great one. And I would have had a great picture of the entire kickball crew in the back of the truck as we left the field to drop them off along the way. But I didn’t realize that the battery was so low.
Oh and in case you care, that English Circuit Assembly that we went to was a historic one. I didn’t realize it until I was reading the blog of a sister I met there, that it was THE first circuit assembly in English in Nicaragua! Before, they’d just had to go to Spanish, and sit there not understanding. The sister in her blog described it as going to a meal where they were serving your favorite food, and everyone else there is telling you how great it is, but you can’t eat it because your jaw is wired shut! That’s how one and two day assemblies were for those serving in English down here when they had to go to the Spanish one, but now they can go in English and enjoy the banquet and get nice and full. I thought that was a great way of explaining how it felt! So it’s exciting to know we got to be present for part of the first English circuit assembly in the country!
Ok, well that’s it. Goodnight, or Good Morning or Afternoon I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment