Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Monday, July 2, 2012

Full steam ahead!!


So, I thought it was about time that I shared our plans with you all. Some of you already know, but perhaps not all. We’re busy making our plans to return to Nicaragua. The idea is to start the new service year down there (Sept 1st) so we hope to go the last week of August which will give us a few days to settle in before starting the year. And we hope to stay for the entire service year.

To do that, you enter the country on a 3 month tourist visa, then you buy a 3 month extension, and then after those three months you go to Costa Rica on vacation and get your passport stamped afresh when you cross back into Nicaragua again. There are many that do it that way, so hopefully we won’t have any problem following in their footsteps. So, if that all works out we’ll spend at least the year there, and then we’ll see what happens from there!
We are always hoping to get an invitation to the BSCC too, but we can’t just sit around and wait for something to happen, so in the meantime we’ll go to Nicaragua. It may be years, or never, before getting invited, so we’ll keep busy in whatever way we can. Like someone told me once, apply for everything you qualify for, and Jehovah will put you where he wants you.

So, we’ve been in touch with the CO down there in Nicaragua, the one we met last time, and he has recommended a congregation in his circuit that needs help. It’s in Masaya and the congregation is San Sebastian. It’s only about 15 minutes from the house so it’s convenient. We’ll be living in the same house as last time thanks to the endless generosity of the Aguilar family who own the house. Sister Aguilar is going down there next week with her girls, and taking Claudia back since her visitor’s visa will be expiring. So, someone down there will study with Claudia, at least until we arrive and I can hopefully continue her study.

So, since we’re on the final countdown we have a lot to do, yet we don’t seem to be doing much of it! Haha!!! We haven’t bought tickets yet, just keeping an eye on them waiting for a good price hopefully. Or just waiting until it’s too late and we’re desperate. One of the two! We’ll probably finish our jobs a little bit before we leave to give us a bit of time to get everything together before we leave. We haven’t turned our notice in yet, but where I work they know it’s coming soon. Not sure if Charley has mentioned anything to his boss yet. I don’t think he has.

I’m trying to think of what we’ve been up to since I last posted a blog. We went to the English District Convention last month with Charley’s parents. That was AMAZING as those of you have been already know. I won’t say anything about it though since I realize you haven’t all been yet! And then this coming weekend we’re going to the Spanish one. We’re taking a single mam and her little girl, and then another sister whose husband isn’t a witness, and her two young ones. So it should be a fun weekend. It seems like we might have some getting baptized, but I don’t know for sure. I’ll find out this Saturday I guess!

First day of convention in Evansville with Charley's mam and dad

We also took a weekend trip to Lexington, KY. We got a Groupon deal for a B&B down there. It was a great weekend. We visited a distillery, a winery and a brewery! And a place that makes chocolates and bought some bourbon balls – yum! And we went to a park and took a short hike that led to an overlook of the Kentucky river. We also toured the home and gardens of Henry Clay. And we visited a sister who used to live here in Indy, and went to the meeting in Spanish with her. The place we stayed at was lovely, comfortable and clean. And all in all it was just a nice relaxing weekend. Here are some pictures of that trip.

Can you see the worm and the ant?

In the gardens of Ashland, the Henry Clay Estate

Woodford Reserve Distillery

The first part of the whiskey process!

With Roxana who used to be in our congregation in Indy,
and another couple in her hall down in Lexington , KY

Charley and I at the winery - we're the tiny dots under the arch!

They give you tons of free samples here!

The B&B from the outside


Raven Run Nature Sanctuary with KY River behind us.
It took me ages of balancing and using self-timer to get a decent shot!

One of my favorite pictures from Raven Run

And you can't go anywhere in Lexington without seeing horses.

I can’t remember what else we’ve been up to but it’s been non-stop around here. We’ve had a few graduation parties, and just been busy with service, meetings, and the district convention invitation campaign. Sometimes I don’t know if I’m coming or going. It’s been super hot here lately, as it has throughout much of the country, but I figure it’s just training for the next service year and I need to get over it and get on with it!

Well, that’s the latest from us. I’ll try and keep everyone updated on the progress of our plans. Even though we haven’t bought tickets yet, it’s pretty much decided that we’ll be leaving the last week of August so it’s full steam ahead. If anyone here in town needs a recliner, or a dining room table and chairs, we might be getting rid of few things. Oh, and we’ll probably have a junky car or two for sale really cheap soon! We have a couple of people we’re supposed to give first chance to, but that might not go anywhere, so if you know of someone who is desperate enough to buy one of cars, let us know!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks,

    May Jehovah be with the spirit you both show.

    Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Julie

    ReplyDelete