Weeellllll........it seems real now! We bought our tickets!!!!!!!!! Just now - about five minutes ago! I couldn't resist blogging about it!
I decided a week or two ago to be very specific in prayer about how much we wanted to spend on these tickets. We were hoping to pay roughly half what we paid for a round-trip ticket last time since this is a one-way flight. However, one-way tickets are not half the price of a round trip one. So, I just continued to pray about it, and then this last week or so starting looking into using airmiles as you already know.
Well, I think I was doubting a bit in my prayers, thinking that I was being unrealistic to ask for such a cheap flight, but then I reminded myself that nothing is impossible for Jehovah, and so I prayed with much more confidence about it. Then this week I discovered (I don't even know how I found out) that you can reactivate expired airmiles for a price. They don't advertise it very prominently on their website and it never occurred to me that such an arrangement existed, but I somehow ended up on a page that discussed that deal. So, I looked into it and discovered that for around the price I had prayed about, we could reactivate enough expired miles to get a flight.
So, I got online on both of our American Airlines accounts and put a flight on hold. However, it was a few days earlier than I was thinking we would leave. So, I realized that I had been specific in my prayers about price, but not about the day. So I prayed about leaving on the flight I had found for Sunday August 26th which was no longer available with airmiles.
Today, I decided to go ahead and call and find out if this reactivating miles was really going to be an option. Turns out it is what it sounds like, so we paid the fee to reactivate our miles, and then got online to buy the flights. I had put flights for Thursday August 23rd on hold because that's the only day they had a good itinerary available that didn't involve changing planes like four times, or spending a whole day and night in an airport.
Man, I'm so excited that I don't think my story is very coherent is it?!
Anyway, so I decided just on the off chance to see if that same itinerary was available on the 26th. Why would it be - it wasn't yesterday?! But I looked anyway! And what do you know - there it was! Seats available to fly on the 26th, same flights and times as the 23rd!!!!!
So, we both got on separate computers and booked the flights with our airmiles, just to make sure we could both get on the same flight and have seats next to each other. It all went through, with a small administrative charge.
Total for flight = $25 LESS than the price I had prayed about.........wow! That almost pays for the extra suitcase we'll each be taking!
My faith is strengthened. It's amazing to see how Jehovah answers prayers if you're specific and then do what you can to act in harmony with the prayer.
I apologize for the rambliness of that story but I wanted to paint the full picture, and I'm so excited and nervous that I can hardly keep my fingers steady or my brain straight!
Well, what a true blessing! I had just left you a message earlier on your last blog and was encouraged! Now, I'm double encouraged. My day was soso thinking about getting better so I can return to Nica soon. Thanks for sharing. Jehovah answers all prayers according to his will and he gives us what we need. In turn he uses his servants to help others. I felt that for sure today! Chante'
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your comments Chante'. I don't have a way to get in touch with you, so maybe you'll notice this comment. Email me sometime at poet@indybrits.com. I'd love to hear a little more of your story and get to know you a bit even if it's just electronically for now.
ReplyDeleteI cried reading this Rach! It just proves that Jehovah is blessing the decision you and Charley have made, and that our prayers should always be really specific. I'm so happy for you, and can't wait to hear about all the amazing experiences you're sure to have.xx
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you guys. I have been waiting for a baby free minute so I could actually type it out to you. We are so proud of you guys for doing this and I cannot wait to hear all about your extended adventure. You are constantly in our prayers and thought of often! We have been sharing your story w/ all the chillicothe girls and everyone is so excited. Love you!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your blog. My family and I were in Granada in December and are headed back in two weeks. We are going to be working on a Kingdom hall project somewhere near Masaya. Maybe the hall you are going to?
ReplyDeleteI think that it might be one of the congregations that were sharing with the one we'll be going to. The brother that emailed us said there was a third congregation who were just going to build their own hall I think.
Deletefor one way tickets you might try www.bt-store.com last year or so i checked a one way ticket thru them, and it was a little over half what round trip was
ReplyDeleteYes, it's very exciting to see Jehovah answer our prayers isn't it!!? We hope you enjoy Nica very much when you get there!
ReplyDelete