So, time is flying by. I try not to think
too much about it or I start getting butterflies in my stomach!
I’m trying to think what has gone on since
I last blogged.
Well, the evening that we bought our
tickets we had some friends over for dinner. My mam made a delicious meal and
we had great company to go with it. Below is a picture of us that we almost
forgot to take until they were at their car! Phil & Heather and his parents
came over. Phil & Heather just got back from Haiti where they worked on the
construction of a new missionary home. The day after they got back, they were
invited to Walkill for six weeks, with the possibility of staying longer, so we
managed to find an evening to have them over. It was really encouraging to see
their slide show, and hear their experiences, and talk about our plans. It’s
great to have friends who are in somewhat of the same boat, and share the
excitement. So, that was a lovely evening.
![]() |
| With Phil & Heather, and Phil's parents Bud & Phyllis |
We had a nice anniversary dinner with my
mam and dad that week too. They’ve been super generous with us, and we are now
the proud owners of our very own GPS complete with a map of Nicaragua in it!
We’ve already programmed in the coordinates of our new Kingdom Hall, and one or
two other places. We have discovered that if you borrow something from someone
enough times, they eventually get sick of your borrowing it and they buy you
one!!! Hahahaa!!!!! There’s your handy tip of the day!
Charley gave his last public talk at our
hall. And it was our group’s turn for hospitality so we had a nice time
stuffing our faces over at someone’s house. Good food, good times! I also took
pictures for a family in our hall whose oldest son graduated (see a few below). We had a great
time. Here are a few of the shots. The photo book I made arrived yesterday and
although I say so myself, it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Last Friday I enjoyed one last lunch with a
couple of friends who also work downtown. We went to Le Peeps for old times’
sake and all ordered the same thing we would always get there! It was nice to
see them, and they also delivered a suitcase that their parents didn’t need
anymore, so now we only need one more and we’re good to go!
And then the weekend was spent down at
Charley’s mam and dad’s house. We had a BLAST!!! They had a going away party
for us on Saturday evening. About 30 from our congregation came along too. We
had some really delicious food, and a hayride, and the kids played until they
were exhausted, and the adults danced until our feet hurt! We did some Scottish
dances that we always did when I was younger in England. That was a good time.
The last dance Charley almost swung me off my feet. I barely managed to hang
on!!! I’ll try and get a little video clip of that. He’s really very good at
those dances!!! I hadn’t danced that dance so hard since I was about 17. It
almost killed me – I’m not 17 anymore that’s for sure! We also had a bit of a
yard sale on my mother-in-law’s front porch for those at the party and we were
very successful in getting rid of more stuff. It’s amazing how much stuff we
decide we can live without every time we go through it all! My family worked
really hard putting the party together and it was a HUGE success. Everyone had
a GREAT TIME!!!! Here are a few pictures below. To see them all click here.

Sunday we went to the meeting in the
morning. We were tired, and almost late, but present! And the talk was
EXCELLENT. It was actually given by the brother of our friends down in
Nicaragua, so it was nice to see him and his wife before we head down there to
live about 45 minutes away from his sister. The rest of the day was spent
chilling, and trying to tidy up from the party. Monday we stayed down there
too. Charley’s youngest sister started pioneer school in Evansville, so she
left early Monday morning, and then his other sister and her boys went home
later in the day. We spent quite a bit of Monday taking all the tents down and
cleaning everything up from the party. Took quite a bit to get it all sorted!
So, Charley’s last day at work was last Friday,
so he was enjoying being fast asleep when I got up for work this morning! But I
just have two more days at work left so that’s very exciting. Charley is in
charge of feeding Spanish pioneer school tomorrow, so that will keep him busy
in the morning. And on Thursday morning we’re going to take the class
picture. This is the first year that Spanish Pioneer School is in Indianapolis,
so it’s exciting to get to have a little part in it although I always get
nervous about taking the picture since it’s a big deal to get it right! Oh
well, if they don’t like the picture, I’ll be too far away for them to get at
me!!! Friday, some people at work are treating me to lunch. And then after work
I’m going to get a massage from a friend – yay! Can’t wait for Friday!!!
We still have two more going away parties,
one at my mam’s house, and one that our congregation is organizing, so lots of eating
and dancing still to come! And Charley is taking a backpacking trip for a few
days with his sister and brother-in-law. It’s just not my scene, so I figured
they’d be better off without me! I look forward to hearing their stories
afterwards!
We’re also going to Columbus, OH to visit
some friends who we haven’t seen in a long time. And everyone in our
congregation wants to have us over for dinner so our evenings are filling up
fast! And somewhere between all that partying and socializing, we will try to
remember to pack!
Well, as usual I included way too much
detail! Before we all know it I’ll be blogging from Nicaragua!

So excited for your trip!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your excitement with us and may Jehovah continue to bless you both as you serve him abroad.
ReplyDeleteWith Christian love from Oz.
Who is this?!
DeleteOoops sorry you don't know me personally - i stumbled across your blog from Nica Chica's blog and have enjoyed reading about your adventures in Jah's service.
DeleteSharni from Australia :)
Glad to have you! Thanks for your comments Sharni.
Delete