My last day at work was Friday. It was really a rather surreal experience. I've worked there almost 13 years, so it felt really odd to pack up my desk and leave. But the day was fun. It was Rachel Day at work!
After a training in the morning, which was very entertaining, we had a celebration in our breakroom with a cake. Here are a few pictures of that.
![]() |
| The ladies in this picture are the four people I worked most with. Mercedes, in the white top, is the unfortunate one who gets stuck doing all my work as well as her's now. Thanks Mercedes!!!! |
![]() |
| Yum - Cream cheese icing - we devoured that cake! |
Then I got to leave work a little early, so the day ended with a round of goodbyes. I got a bit choked up during that part of the day. It was just kind of the beginning of the end! Made me think about all the goodbyes that will be coming up, the ones that will be much harder than saying goodbye to my job.
So, Charley and I have never been so happy about being unemployed. For me, this is the first time in over 13 years that I haven't had a job! But there's lots to do, so the time will no doubt fly by. I'm glad we have these next three weeks to get organized - aka, procrastinate until 3 days before we leave!
We got to enjoy an evening with Josh, Wendy, Aunty Lesley and the kids. I would love to share pictures but I don't have any. Oh yeah, there's a story! Thursday morning Charley and I went to take the Spanish Pioneer School picture. I'll share that picture next week after the pioneer school class has actually had a chance to see it themselves! Anyway, so Wednesday evening, about 12 hours before taking the picture, I find out I left my camera at my in-law's house almost 2 hours away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any other time it wouldn't have mattered. My dad suggested I take the picture with my cell phone - if you've seen my cell phone you'll know why that was particularly funny! Thankfully a brother in my parents congregation saved the day by letting me use his camera. And actually it's nicer than mine, so we ended up with a better quality picture because of it!!! But I didn't panic, or cry, or scream - I was rather proud of myself. I'm working on staying calm in the face of disaster, and I'm a lot better than I used to be!
Well, just wanted to share my last day at work story mostly. The end of an era!



No comments:
Post a Comment