Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pictures of this and that

I tried to do this last night, but we had no phone line or internet when we got home. But I guess they fixed it by this morning, so here are some pictures. I don't have much time to tell stories to go with them right now, but I thought I'd go ahead and at least share the pictures.

Charley was stitching a new strap on his service backpack, and complained he didn't have enough light, so I ran upstairs and got his light I bought him for our last anniversary (and I grabbed the camera while I was up there!)

I spent Thursday afternoon baking stuff to share at the convention. Here's the banana bread which was all gone in a hurry yesterday!

And my carrot & pineapple cupcakes that got a bit too big for the pan!

There I am with my little faithful apron!

I had to cut the cupcakes out!

And then some oatmeal cookies for Sunday

And a quiche (of sorts) for lunch yesterday and today. Yum!!

And the moment you've all been waiting for - the coolest cooler ever!!! This is it's bag.

And there's the cooler. I know you're all jealous of it.

At District Convention with some of our congregation

Scarlet and her little boy - ain't he cute?!

Our friends Mario & Mario Jr from El Crucero. They had a part in the afternoon. The one about resisting temptations.

This is the assembly hall. I'll take some more pictures today.

And the big cool tree everyone sits under at lunch time

A good friend from El Crucero who didn't realize we were back in the country, so she was quite surprised to see us!

Mario giving his talk

Mario Jr doing the demonstration
Well, that's it for now. I need to get ready for another day of convention. It was wonderful to go again. Today we're going to look for seats a bit closer to the edge so we can get some more breeze. It got pretty warm yesterday and I'm sure there will be more people there this week. I'll make sure I take some pictures of the buses that everyone comes in today and some more of what the assembly hall looks like for those of you who didn't see my pictures of it last time.

2 comments:

  1. Your baking pics have made me sooo hungry - great job and what a privilege to take in another convention with Jah's happy people in Nica :)
    Christian Love,
    Sharni
    Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the coolest cooler ever! :)

    ReplyDelete