I know Jehovah always knows what we need, we all know that, but sometimes things happen that just remind me how he REALLY knows what we need, and when we need it!
So, just like everyone else, I enjoy it when a day out in service is really productive. Those days where all your calls and studies are home, and you just feel like you got a lot done in your territory that day. But today, that's not what I needed.
My mam and dad left early Tuesday morning, and Tuesday was spent doing laundry, blogging, just catching up and tidying up. But this morning I got up feeling really sad that they'd left, and wishing they were still here. But of course, no amount of wishing was going to change the fact that they aren't here anymore.
So, I decided I should concentrate on an achievable desire - the desire to see my San Sebastian (the name of our congregation) family again. Since we have no fleshly family here, they are our family. And since we've been here and there with mam and dad we haven't seen much of that family in the last two weeks.
I prayed this morning for help to relish the fact that mam and dad came, but not to dwell on the fact that they went home! And asked Jehovah to help me enjoy my spiritual family here.
Well, we went out. Charley ended up by himself but had a very productive morning of two Bible studies. And no doubt that's what he needed! Not that I'm saying that he wasn't sad that his in-laws went home, but...well, anyway ;0) I worked with one of our young sisters, Francis, and we didn't really find any of my studies or calls home. Just one all morning I think. But we did spend half an hour talking to a family in our congregation whose house we walked past on the way to a call. And then we saw another two sisters walking to the market and talked to them for a few minutes. And then on the way to another call a sister was locked out so she was outside and we talked to her for a while. Then Franci's mam had us stay for lunch at their house so we hung out there. Then in the afternoon, I found one study, and one return visit. I went out with Franci again, and then we saw a sister and her daughter in the street and talked to them for a few minutes. And then my last study was sick, but we ended up talking to her sister, who is in our congregation, for about 20 minutes.
So, the point is, I spent a lot more time talking to my spiritual family today, than I did to people in our territory. And that's EXACTLY what I needed! It felt so good to see them, to hear them say they'd missed us these last two weeks, to be reminded of how loving our brothers are, and how no matter where we are in the world, no matter how far away we are from our family, we have family right there on our doorstep just waiting to welcome us.
Now, I can't say for sure that it wasn't just a day of coincidences, or that it wasn't because I provided what I needed by talking to the friends as I saw them throughout the day. I probably see that many of them every time I go out since someone is usually always home around here. Who knows.
But I have to say, it sure felt like an answer to a prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment