Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Thursday, February 14, 2013

The first few days

So, here's the beginning of the posts on my mam and dad's visit. They arrived on a Wednesday evening after an uneventful trip from Indianapolis.

The first day they were here they spent the morning unpacking, which was an exciting time for us!! Soon our dining room table was FULL of goodies that they'd brought! Granola, chocolate, Woolite (you can't find it here!), business cards we made online for the ministry here, ant bait (we're having some success with it!), a ton of clothes mam got on clearance at Kohl's, 52 ties that a few brothers in Indy gave them to bring for our brothers here, and the list goes on! The chocolate was probably the highlight!!

In the afternoon I took them to our local zoo just a kilometer from the house. Last time I went it was 60 cents to get in. I was SOOOO irritated when we got there and discovered that it still only costs about 80 cents for locals, but that they've added a foreigner price for just over $4!!!!!! I mean, I know it's still cheap compared to US zoos, but still, it's just the fact that they blatantly take advantage of foreigners, gggrrrrr!!!!

We had a nice little time there though! Here are a few pictures.




Dad drinking beet juice. Mam LOVED it. It's pretty common here.

Freedom!!! It's an automatic so I can drive it too!
Here we are having our first dinner together at home. It was almost the only dinner we had at home actually, we ate out A LOT!


And then we took them to meet our congregation. And they both had me translate a comment for them on the DVD part we had and both commented! I was really impressed! The congregation is so hospitable, I think they met EVERY single person there! Some even used a little English. They were all really excited to meet them.


Tamara, Raquel, Gladys, Paola, Hilary & Julia

Rosario, Evelyn, Marlene, Rosibel & Noelia

Our parking lot

Emanuel & Timmy
The next day we took them to Catarina which looks out over the Laguna de Apoyo, then we went down to the Laguna for lunch and a little swim. It's so lovely down there.


I can't seem to rotate this picture, but that's mam learning to drink Pepsi from a bag. She kind of cheated with the straw though!

And Charley drinking from a coconut - yum!

And dad drinking his local beer!

They have the BEST chicken platter!

The ground is really stony, so you need shoes or something on. Mam kept loosing her flip flops though!
Then on the way home we visited one of our older brothers who is housebound. He was delighted to meet them. Isn't he cute?!


Saturday was one of dad's favorite days he said. We went out in service in the morning, then got invited for lunch at the Montoya's house (a family in our hall), and then made the drive up to Leon where we spent a couple of days.


Here we are at the meeting for field service

Erica, a study of mine who sells fruit on the corner. 

Mayling & Gabriel - we had a really good return visit with her and with me as interpreter mam got to join in too.

Then I took her to Noelia's study. Here she is with her mam and grandma.

And then we had lunch with the Montoya family - Franci, Fatima, Pedro Jr & Pedro Sr.
So, those were the first few days. I think that's enough for now! Stay tuned for more on our trip to Leon, and see how we spent Superbowl Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment