Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Mini Marimba and More

So, the last weekend that our friends were here we went to the English Special Assembly Day just down the road. It was lovely to hear the program again, and hear all the variety of accents there - British, American, Scottish, Australian, German, Canadian, Pacific Coast of Nicaragua which is like sort of Jamaican in a way!

Anyway, we had a really nice time seeing old friends and making new ones. There were two baptized, both from Managua English congregation. 

I didn't take any pictures, but here are a couple that Blake let me have!

Assembly Hall here in Ticuantepe, Nicaragua. Just about 10 minutes down the road from our house.

Debbie (in front) and her husband Pat (not in picture) stayed with us for the weekend. They live out on the Atlantic Coast of Nicaragua now, Pearl Lagoon. Next to Blake is a Scottish brother who serves with his wife in Jinotega. We actually stayed in his house when he wasn't there! Our friends Aaron and Tasha that came earlier in the year rented his house while him and his wife were in Scotland for a while. It was nice to actually meet him!
We stayed talking really late after the assembly, and before we knew it the brothers from our previous congregation were calling to ask if we were on our way to Masaya. They had a going away party for those of us who left the congregation, and for Blake & Madalyne leaving too. These things never start on time, but the day we're 45 minutes late, they have hired musicians there waiting to start the Marimba dancing for us! Whoops - I felt so bad about that! But seriously, these things NEVER start on time, EVER!!!!

We had a really good night though. The kids did the dancing this time (see Marimba by adults last time if you weren't following the blog back then) and the music afterwards was really good too. I danced until I was sweating buckets!!

Jael & her little cousin were the youngest dancers - and he was the star of the show!

Xiomara & Josue (I think)

Tamara and her partner

Hilary & Edward who managed to smile once I think!

My little Laynori and her cousin. She dedicated her first dance to me - cute!!

Isn't he the cutest?!?! He kept putting his hat back on the wrong way!

Jael looking like a little model

Tamara too!

Secrets between cousins!

Sign quoting 1 Thessalonians 3:9

Most of the dancers, plus a few wannabe dancers!!

Me and my Laynori! She joined the Theocratic Ministry School - can't wait to go visit to hear her first talk!

Xiomara - she just recently gave her first talk and became a publisher

Pressure of dancing over = Hilary smiling!! And check out that pot of rice!

And then it was time for the rest of us to dance

 Madalyne and I with the Lopez family. I got that sweaty head from too much dancing!

They had all these balloons up with the names of everyone leaving. This was my favorite spelling - Retchel & Matthews. They should have just stuck with the Spanish translation of my name. And I'm not sure what they think Charley's name is - Matthews Matthews?!?! 10 out of 10 for trying though!
So, that was our lovely Adios from our previous congregation. We miss them, and they claim to miss us! I think especially in the ministry midweek they miss our support. It's been a bit overwhelming getting to know our new congregation and new territory - both of which are bigger than what we'd been used to here. But there is a lot of interest in the new territory so we've been having some really good calls with people.

Time seems to just be flying by. July is shaping up to be a really busy month. We start out going to help with a Kingdom Hall construction in a coastal town called Casares this coming Wednesday. Then we have our Circuit Pioneer Day (Charley has a talk and I have a demo) on Friday, then our Circuit Assembly that weekend. And our friends Brenda & Caleb are heading back to the States for a couple of months at the end of July so we've been organizing some social events with them - things we've talked about doing for a while but never got around to like making lasagna and having a movie night at a friend's house. And on the 15th Charley starts Pioneer School for two weeks. Before we know it, we'll be into August!

But it's good to be busy. I still haven't handed over all of my studies from our previous territory so for now I spend the mornings in our new territory, and afternoons in our old one.  It's hard to leave some studies. Mirna was telling me this week how much her Bible study is helping her, overcoming certain fears, understanding the truth, she really seems to appreciate what she's learning. And Carla really enjoyed Chapter 6 in the Bible Teach book. Learning the truth about the dead has been a real eye opener for her and provided her comfort. She's also learning the order of the Bible books. She learned the first 7 so far, and that was a little project she began of her own initiative. Dulce has been trying to read the Bible daily, and says she prays a lot and feels ever closer to Jehovah. I hope that she might make it to at least some of the Circuit Assembly next weekend.

I'm starting to feel like I recognize all the faces in our congregation now, and can almost put names to them all, although there are still some I keep having to ask again! But it's only been about three weeks - 100 new names and faces is a lot to remember!

Well, that's all for now. Hope you're all doing well. Enjoy District Convention season - I'm jealous that it's not that season down here yet - not until December!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment