Just a quick little post about our little evening of theocratic history in Masaya, Nicaragua - sounds very dramatic doesn't it?!
The Pancasan congregation had it's first meeting this evening and it was a success. The congregation is made up mostly of publishers from Bulevar & Monte Fresco congregations, and then 11 of us were moved from Real Monimbo.
So, there's a big group from Bulevar who all already know each other, and a big group from Monte Fresco - and then there's us, with 100 names to learn! The congregation officially has about 70 publishers but we had 116 at the meeting! It felt huge since we've been used to attendance of about 80 in Real Monimbo. And it was a lot harder to get a comment in, which is good, since the participation was very good indeed.
I don't have any pictures yet, but there is the cutest old brother ever in the congregation. His name is Ramon Teleno and he's 85 years old. He's a ministerial servant and has been in the truth for 55 years!!! He has these little round glasses, and his tie was tucked into his trousers, and he was just so cute! I'll have to get a picture of him soon. I talked to him for a little bit and look forward to hearing his stories of being in the truth so early on in the history of Nicaragua's witnesses.
We were there pretty late this evening, while Charley and Wilber (the other elder) got some things organized. We have 6 ministerial servants and 5 pioneers, 3 of whom came from Real Monimbo, one from Bulevar and one from Monte Fresco I think.
So, all in all it was very nice. I was a little sore at the meeting since it had rained earlier in the afternoon and the water came in a bit under the front door at home. As I walked that way I slipped and before I knew it I was on the floor and moaning from the pain in my lower back and legs! After a cried a little, I laughed a little, and then had to reject Charley's assistance to get me up, since it hurt to sit up. So I had to roll over on to my knees and then stand up!! I have a green/purple elbow, and I'll probably be really stiff tomorrow, but I'm ok! No more flip flops in rainy season I guess, not even in the house!
Our friends that are visiting are spending a few days in Granada with the English congregation. I think they're really enjoying being able to communicate fluently! There's also another new congregation in Masaya, El Parque, and our friends Brenda & Caleb have been assigned to it. That's their third congregation down here in just 7 months!!
Well, if I don't blog again for a while it's because we got lost in our new territory and haven't found our way home. I promise I'll have stories and photos from all our travelling soon. I was just excited about our new congregation and wanted to share.
And wasn't that a GREAT Watchtower study article today? Loved it. So much to work on!
Oh, and since I don't like to blog without some kind of photograph, here's the Pioneer School picture that we took the other day for the class that is currently in session. Brenda's in the second row, in the purple dress.

It's fab to hear about the start of your new congregation! :-) but I am sorry to hear about your fall, I can imagine that really hurt!x
ReplyDelete