Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Monday, June 30, 2014

Tomorrow? Really!?!?!

I can't believe we're travelling back to the States tomorrow! Really looking forward to the trip, to enjoy some quality time with family and friends.

Things here have been hectic to say the least. As I blogged last time, I spent a whole week inside recovering from a bacterial infection in my stomach. Glad that's over! The following week was my last week to conduct my studies, and thanks to some torrential rain on Friday, I managed to see almost everyone at some point in the week. Despite the rain, or actually thanks to the rain, I conducted 8 studies on Friday and visited two others!! So, all but two studies were happy to have someone else call on them while we're gone, and the two that want to wait for me, are still going to be getting a visit, even if it's just to keep them up to date with the magazines!

I am now going to take this opportunity to make a bit of a shameless plea on behalf of our dear friends here in Nicaragua. 

Last year we brought clothes and shoes back that some of you kindly donated and the friends were delighted. This year, I'd like to concentrate on taking children's clothes and shoes. So, if anyone has any gently used kids clothes or shoes, or even small toys, really small ones, then let me know. We're each bringing a suitcase inside a suitcase so that we'll have room to take some stuff back for the friends (and ourselves!!).

Also, I have a dear, dear friend who just started regular pioneering. She has a small netbook/mini laptop which she uses frequently to show the latest videos from the website to her bible students. She's come a long way to get to this point of pioneering, and she's also been selflessly volunteering every Monday at our assembly hall to help maintain it. Well, a couple of Monday's ago she had her netbook plugged in while cleaning at the assembly hall when, POW, there was a power surge and it FRIED her computer. She was sooooooo distressed, poor thing. She was mostly upset because she uses it for theocratic purposes, and now she's without. And it's not like the friends here have the funds to buy a new one.

Soooo, the point of this sob story is, if anyone has a netbook (she would prefer small since she carries it to studies with her), or even a tablet that you've stopped using because you got a new one, I would like to buy it from you for her. Let me know if you, or anyone you know, has one for sale.

And yesterday a brother said that if I found anyone getting rid of an old cell phone, to get it for him! Haha!

Ok, well, I'm done begging! I hope this blog post doesn't seem inappropriate. But I know how loving Jehovah's organization is, and I'm always looking for little ways to show the friends here how much I appreciate them since they take such good care of us and are so generous despite being of limited means.

Well, hasta luego!

9 comments:

  1. I love reading you blog:) What State are you returning to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful vacation and international convention. Hope you find the little goodies to take back with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What size kids clothes are you looking for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any size! We have kids of all ages and shapes!

      Delete
  4. I would like to help, could you please send me your e mail address?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if you'll see this reply. Sorry it took me so long. You can email me at poet879@hotmail.com.

      Delete
  5. Have a wonderful trip back home and enjoy everything familiar xx We will be in TN in August !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been reading the comments and I just want to say that you have a wonderful group of friends and I'm so glad people have come forward to help. Jehovah is blessing you!

    ReplyDelete