Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Charley's Turn to Get Wet - Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Today we met for field service at Hermano Marco's house. Here is just outside of the entrance to his house. Just to clarify - he didn't go out in service dressed like that - I took this later in the day!
We had a nice time out. It was cool at the beginning of the morning, but got pretty warm later on. I worked with Alexandra today, and both of us felt like our bags were heavy and got heavier as the morning went on! We had some nice conversations but nobody asked us to sit down so we were worn out after about 2 1/2 hours of walking and talking! We saw some pretty horses today. Somebody breeds them I think because they were much healthier and prettier than any other horses I've seen here! There were about 20 of them altogether.
Eventually, the rest of the group went home from about 11am onwards, and at about 11:45 Sergio, Alexandra, Charley and I went back to Marco's house to eat our lunch that we'd brought. We rested and napped until about 1pm and then went back out. By then, a thick fog had floated in. Alexandra and I got in on a study, and it started raining while we were there. Unfortunately for Charley & Sergio none of the studies they were going to do studied, so they never got out of the rain and were drenched by the time we finished Alexandra's two studies at about 3:30. So, today, Charley discovered that his new boots aren't as waterproof as they appeared to be a couple of weeks ago! My hiking shoes did well, but then I wasn't in the rain too much. But, despite the rain, it was a nice day. Well, I enjoyed it anyway! If Charley was writing this blog the story might sound a little different!


One of Alexandra's studies - Noami, with her mam and little brother.
This girl is only eight but she's in the Bible Teach book.
She's really smart!
This evening we haven't done much. Right now Mario, Mario Jr, Charley and Timoteo are putting in another light in the dining room because it's really dark in that back corner and the hinges of the window have rusted and broken so it's a nuisance to get that window open! I haven't heard any squeals yet, and the lights haven't flickered, so I'm assuming all is well!


And today Mario went to Managua and got a shower-head, or got the one he had fixed, and apparently it's working! So, I'm reluctantly optimistic about having a warm shower tomorrow morning! I probably should go have one now, but I'll wait. Hopefully I won't be responsible for burning it out. It seems there are a lot of instructions on how to use it properly!


Tomorrow we might go back to Masaya and actually go to the volcano this time, but nothing has been finally decided. If we don't do it tomorrow, we still have Friday afternoon or Monday left to be tourists!


So, that was the last Wednesday field service day. Time is flying by.

No comments:

Post a Comment