Well, today was our final day in El Crucero. And it was a nice, relaxing day. We got up late, had pancakes and fruit for breakfast, and then just pretty much lounged around all day. Wanda and I attempted to go on a study but she wasn't there. Her daughter just had a baby so she was gone visiting her and hadn't made it back.
Charley rescued some sort of lizard today from a bucket of water. He was enormous as you can see in the picture.
We also went to take a picture in front of the Crucero sign. Maybe one of these days they'll have to add another two inhabitants to it!!
And then a family came over to say goodbye and also for me to take their pictures for their anniversary. We were going to do it after the meeting Sunday, but they weren't there because the mam and her little boy were both really sick.
Jaime also came over to say goodbye, and Timoteo. Well, I don't know if he came just to say goodbye, but he was there when we got home. Oh yeah, and we went to eat at the local hotel/restaurant here in El Crucero. Our waitress was a young sister in the congregation. We had some good food there, prepared by her mother and a bible study that I went on the first week I was here!
So, one more night in El Crucero and then off we go. We're leaving the house around 5:30 tomorrow - that's the goal anyway! Our flight to Miami is at 8:30am and we arrive in Chicago at 5:45pm where my mam and dad will be picking us up. So it'll be a loooooong day I suppose!
Well, it's been a pleasure writing this blog. I hope you have all enjoyed it. I'll probably write something up about our journey home, although I doubt it will get done before Wednesday since we'll be getting home late on Tuesday.
Goodnight for the last time from El Crucero.
No comments:
Post a Comment