Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Monday, November 1, 2010

Perfect Day at the Beach - Monday, November 1, 2010

First of all - it's November already?!?! Ok, just had to get that out of the way.


So, it's November and we spent the day at the beach - doesn't get much better than that! We drove to a beach town called Pochomil. It was quite a drive of curvy, bumpy roads, but then bumpy is nothing new around here. The only part of the road that is smooth is the part leading up to the ex-president's house. As soon as you pass it, and I mean like 100 feet past the entrance, then the road is full of holes again!


When we got to the tourist center entrance, as we paid the $1.25 fee to get in, a young girl was wanting us to follow her to a particular spot where she said we'd have our own space and hammocks. So, since we didn't know where we were going, we followed her. She was on a bike, and she led us down what was basically a sidewalk, but it was worth the rough drive! They led us to our own spot, parked in the shade, right on the beach. And so began a perfect afternoon.


Our private cabana on the beach
The beach was beautiful and almost deserted. Of course as soon as you get there you are inundated by people trying to sell you stuff. They get excited when they see white skin! I did buy a couple of really pretty bracelets from one of the women though. But that was all. And then they left us alone. The weather was perfect. It was hot when we got there, but then a breeze picked up and it felt wonderful. We ordered our food and just laid around in the hammocks enjoying the view and drinking a nice, cool beer.


Our food took well over an hour to arrive! But it was worth the wait. All but one of us had fish. Red Snapper I think they said it was. It was delish! Wanda and I ordered it with it's head and tail cut off, but Mario Jr. and Charley like to have their food look back at them I guess.


We spent some time in the water too. It was the perfect temperature. I wish I'd taken some shampoo and shower gel - it was the warmest bath we've had since we got here! So we jumped about in the waves for a while, enjoying the warm, salty water. And before we knew it time was slipping away and we decided we better get going before it got dark. 


Charley said it was the most fun he'd ever had at the beach, since usually beaches are too crowded and too hot. Everything about this day at the beach was just right.


So, here we are, worn out and ready to call it a day. All being well we'll be going out in service tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to take a brother and start a study with Don Roberto Jose tomorrow at noon. I'll keep you posted.


If you want to see more pictures from the beach, they're all on our Picasa Web Album - http://picasaweb.google.com/poet879/NicaraguaOctNov2010#


I have a rather humorous video too of me trying to get into the same hammock that Charley was already in. You can see it by clicking on this link - http://fotosbyrachel.shutterfly.com/videos/11 Those of you who know Charley well, can probably guess who won the battle!

1 comment:

  1. Those fotos are beautiful, and that video is HI-Larious! It looks like ya'll had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete