Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Last Day in Field Service - Saturday, November 6, 2010

Today we met with the group for the last time, since tomorrow we won't have time to go out and Monday there is no group. It's sad to think that today was the end really. Charley & Mario worked together in the territory with a couple of other sisters. And I got to work with Arlene for the first time. Her sister is Patricia, who I've gone out with on Tuesday afternoons. We did the return visit with Roberto Jose and I took him the Teach book I'd promised to take. He was looking forward to reading it. We did one paragraph and Arlene is going to make plans with a brother to go back and see if they can establish a study. Then we went down a hill that I was sure I was going to fall down (but didn't!) to study with a lady and her two daughters. 
Arlen with her studies Raquel and Monica.
The morning went by really quickly and it was almost noon before I knew it. We came home and finished studying for the meeting, ate lunch, and went to the meeting at 3:30. Mario Jr. had the last part about the magazines. He did a very nice job of it. It was nice to see him on the platform doing a part. He's not a ministerial servant yet but they make good use of him and he does very well. (Don't let your head grow too big Mario - I know you're reading this!)
I took a few pictures at the hall today, trying to get a picture of everyone in the congregation, and of the Kingdom Hall itself. Here's a panoramic shot I took. It's a bit distorted but gives a nice idea of what the hall looks like. The rest of the pictures are in the usual place online.
Then after dinner Wanda and I went just across the street to visit a study she has. She's studied and been around the truth for 20 years now, and seems to be finally close to the point of becoming a publisher. Her son was there too. He's 17 and is planning on getting baptized in December. From what I understood she has a house here in El Crucero, but another house in Chinandega which is where her son is. But once he's baptized he said he'll come down here to live, although a little reluctantly since he's grown up in the congregation he's in right now.


So, Mario Sr. is doing his last day in the drama tomorrow. We're staying here to go to the meeting. Our last one - (sniff, sniff) - then we have to be in a town called Nandaime by 3pm so that Charley can give the public talk there. Mario Sr. was supposed to be going, but since he has the drama to do, Charley is going instead. 3 Sunday's here and he's given 2 public talks!


Then in the evening Patricia and her family are coming over and her husband is going to make us pizza. Apparently he makes fabulous pizzas! So that'll be a little goodbye dinner with them I guess.


Well, it's getting late. Almost 10pm which is super late for me since I got here. Charley is already asleep - imagine that!!



No comments:

Post a Comment