We had a good group out this morning, some started on studies, but eventually we all ended up in the territory together. No school today so a few young ones out. It seems they have more vacation days than school days here. Today was Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) so they were off for that. I mean, since when was that a holiday?!
| Mariano, Sergio, Alexandra, Charley, Marta y Aldo, Maria & kids, Johana & Adaya, Griselda, Margarita & Alison |
Here's a hill I managed to descend and ascend without any disasters! Charley had a nice conversation with a guy at the last house down at the bottom. They had quite a collection of different colored chickens. I need to get a picture of the chickens some time - they're all over.
We went home and made spaghetti for lunch. The homemade sauce we invented using random spices we found in the cupboard turned out to be very tasty! Mario Jr., Wanda and Griselda went to the market in Jinotepe. Charley stayed home with Mariano and Margarita. Mario Sr. went on a couple of studies that didn't study. I went with Patricia on the same three studies we went on last week. We had a nice time. So I got a decent day of service in today.
As of today, things start being the last. Like this was our last Tuesday, so my last afternoon out with Patricia. Tomorrow will be our last full day out with Sergio & Alexandra. It's sad to think about it. We're going to miss everyone down here.
Oh, and the request of at least a couple of people, I took pictures of the Robleto's house. You can find he pictures at our Picasa Web Album - http://picasaweb.google.com/poet879/NicaraguaOctNov2010# As of right now they're at the end. I added descriptions too.
I'll get pictures inside the hall this weekend since it'll be our last chance.
No comments:
Post a Comment