Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hot Showers - Thursday, November 4, 2010

As you've probably guessed from the title of today's blog, the shower-head was working today! It was wonderful to take a hot shower. The highlight of the day.


We had a nice lazy morning. Slept a bit late, cooked breakfast, and sat around. Mario & Mario had been up since really early though. They took a young sister to the hospital to get a cast off her leg and came back mid-morning. 


At around 1pm I went out on three studies with Magda. I didn't take my camera, which I regretted afterwards, so I have no pictures of our adventures! We went to Las Nubes (The Clouds) which is even a little higher up than El Crucero - therefore the name. She has some nice studies with some young kids. It impresses me how well the little kids read and express themselves here. I've been on quite a few studies now with 8-year old kids who have no trouble answering questions, and reading and understanding scriptures. It's so cute! I wish I could have recorded little Miguel today. He talked like a little grown-up! So we were out until about 6pm by which time it's completely dark. 


When I got back, the guys, along with Timoteo, were busy filling in a hole near the back door. They did something with pipes to redirect the water from the street into the tank or something. When I say water from the street that means water that the city provides, which comes whenever it fancies. We haven't had any water from the street since Tuesday morning and the tank was empty today. But they fill it up from the tank at the Kingdom Hall which is much bigger and gets used a lot slower. So we're not without water, for now! Then Charley worked on getting the lock on the back door to work. It locks now. 


I can't remember if I've ever mentioned in this blog that here in El Crucero they get a lot of sulfur from the volcano so everything rusts really quickly. They have to replace locks, hinges, and anything else that can rust, about once a year. It's a very moist environment here.


So, that was the day really. Nothing much happened. Tomorrow we'll probably go out in service with the group in the morning. Then I'm not sure if we might go to a volcano tomorrow afternoon. If not, then I guess that will wait until our last day, Monday to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment