Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Friday, March 15, 2013

Now for some pictures!

Just a few pictures from the last couple of days. Inspired by my friend Tasha who recently arrived with her hubby and his cousin to serve in Jinotega, I decided that I could make tortillas myself too. They make them super thick here, so I wanted to try making some thinner ones. And here they are. They were delicious if I do say so myself, and I made them again today at lunch time. They're so much easier to make than I had imagined!

The ones on the plate are ready to eat. The other I'm working on. That's a bread bag cut open so that they don't stick.

Then just peel it off the bread bag and throw it on our stoves built-in griddle.

So, that's my latest homemade thing and I think it will continue to be a regular feature. Yesterday our friend who came to make bread taught me to make sopa de frijoles (bean soup) so we've been eating that with rice, homemade tortillas and avocado which is available in abundance now - yay!!!

This morning we didn't go out in service, because we went to help prepare the assembly hall for our assembly this weekend. I wish I had a picture of everyone that showed up. There must have been at least 200 people there, maybe a little more. So by 10am we'd finished our assignment. Here are some of the friends working.


Maritza, Emanuel, Jorge, Escarlet & Hesvan (who worked very hard and got very wet in the process!) We were all cleaning in all those little holes in the decorative wall you see in the background. I got stuck doing all the high up ones since nobody else could reach! There were 10 of us there from our congregation.

The main auditorium of the assembly hall.

So, that's all. Just wanted to share those few pictures. I'll try and take pictures at the assembly on Sunday although I have a history of doing a very poor job of actually taking any despite always taking my camera!

Well, we're heading into Masaya this afternoon to do some studies and support the evening group so I need to go get ready. 

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the tortillas!! Sorry we didn't get back to you on the recipe. Ours are getting better each time.. we will all be pros before long :-)

    ReplyDelete