Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Monday, March 25, 2013

United in getting ready for tomorrow

Isn't it lovely to think that every Jehovah's Witness all around the world is preparing for the Memorial of Jesus death tomorrow after sunset. It's a very uniting feeling to think how every one of the more than 100,000 congregations worldwide have been working hard this month to invite people to the Memorial. 

This will be the first time I've attended a Memorial outside of the country I'm a resident of. Of course I've been to Memorial in England and the US, but never anywhere else. And this will also be, for Charley and me, our first outdoor Memorial! I don't suppose the snow in Indianapolis right now would make for a very comfortable outdoor event would it?!

So, I had to rearrange my studies that I usually have on Tuesdays since I realized in the last couple of days that the Memorial is an all day event here, so to speak. Since it's outside, we have to prepare the place the day of. So, tomorrow at 8am, we'll all be in the land out the back of the Kingdom Hall raking, and tidying, and setting up the rented chairs, and hanging curtain behind the stage, and probably throwing water everywhere to calm down the dust, and whatever else is involved. I'm looking forward to the experience. 

Somehow Charley was nominated to be in charge of decorating! At first we were clueless, but with the help of the locals, I think we have it under control - more or less! The flowers are ordered, vases are in our possession, curtain has been located. That's about it we think! 

I'd never paid much attention before to the trees we have on this piece of land out back. There are quite a few mango trees. Hopefully none of those mangoes decide to fall on anyone during the Memorial!

Most of my studies say they're going to come, so it will be interesting to see how many actually make it. I'll be happy if just one of them is there. I'm not sure how many we're expecting but we're doing it together, the two congregations who share our hall, so it will be quite a crowd I guess since between us we have about 190 publishers. 

I can't think of anything else that we've been doing. Just busy with the usual. I have a really nice new Bible study called Aydalina. She's in her 20's and is a very straight forward kind of girl, which I like! You don't have to say a lot in addition to what we read in the Teach book since she usually gets the point pretty quickly. We had studied some of Chapter 15, which is the theme she chose, but this past Friday she decided we'd just go back to Chapter 1 and start from the beginning. We did the first 10 paragraphs and she was fascinated to read James 1:13 and discover that it's not accurate to say "It was God's will" when tragedies happen. 

Before we finished I asked if she had any questions, and she said Yes I do, they're in a notebook. And she hopped up to go get her notebook. She had quite a few notes but just one question which was easily answered. She has been reading the Bible on her own lately. She asked how often she should read it. She said someone told her it didn't matter if you didn't ready it daily, as long as you read it once a week. So I had her read Psalm 1:1-3 and Joshua 1:8. She saw Jehovah's viewpoint on the subject and set herself the goal of daily Bible reading! She's very keen. So we'll see how she comes along.

I still have a lot of fun with Mirna & Yuliana's study. We watched the Bible video last week, the one about the 7 world powers of Bible prophecy. Yuliana took notes all the way through it, and they asked if they could get a copy of it. They love documentaries, and were both absolutely fascinated by this video. I really hope they come tomorrow, but I'm not 100% sure that they will. We'll just have to wait and see!

Well, that's all for now. I hope you all have a very good Memorial and look forward to hearing experiences from it. Maybe on Thursday I'll get the chance to share the experience of our evening. Hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment