So, where was I? Mam and Dad left February 12th. Oh, and I blogged about the day after that already. So, that weekend, the 17th, Charley visited Group #2 as Service Overseer. We did the same thing as last time, and had everyone come to the house in the afternoon after field service. We had a good time eating and playing games. Here's a picture of the group so that you can "meet" them.
So, we all had a really good time together and everyone enjoyed the banana bread, cream cheese pound cake, peanut butter cookies, and cinnamon rolls. I'm waiting for Charley to make the cinnamon rolls again because I didn't eat one that day...................I'm still waiting!
The next week or so is a blur. I'm assuming it was just time spent in service, meetings, study, housework, etc. I'm LOVING the washing machine. It's amazing how much more time we have now to get other things done, or just rest a little!
Most of my studies studied with someone else while mam and dad were here and I was off running around with them. So, the same sisters that took care of them in February, will eventually be the ones I'll leave studies with one day. I continue to have really good support in the afternoons, I'm actually spoiled for choice, and it's been a pleasure to spend so much time with different sisters in the congregation going on studies and calls.
Last weekend we headed up to Leon on Saturday afternoon. We ate dinner at Don Jack's. It's a little place run by a pirate from Canada, who also happens to be a GREAT cook. I had THE BEST burger, and Charley had some delicious venison goulash. I guess I don't have any pictures of that evening. We also accidentally walked past this awesome French bakery they have there so we got a couple of little quiches for breakfast (we kept them in the fridge at the hostel so no ants this time!!) We stayed in the same hostel as we did when we took mam and dad to Leon. Charley gave the talk the next morning in the English congregation and did a very nice job. He hardly said anything in Spanish this time! I think I'm probably the only one that noticed when a tiny word in Spanish slipped out!
| Giving his talk in Leon. They were shocked that he wore a suit jacket since it's hotter up there! |
We drove home that afternoon, and spent Monday getting the house ready for guests. Aaron & Tasha Muerer and Josie Vaughn, all from East Spanish Indianapolis congregation. I've known both Aaron and Tasha since my early days in Indianapolis, and Josie just switched to Spanish so it was our first time meeting her, although we know her older siblings. They came down here to serve for two months in Jinotega so we picked them up Monday night and then Tuesday morning we made the 2 1/2 hour drive to Jinotega. It was a lovely drive, the weather in Jinotega is fantastic since it's about 15 degrees cooler than where we live, and it's in a valley so it's surrounded by gorgeous scenery.
| Lake we stopped to stare at on the way. |
| Panoramic view of the Jinotega area. |
| With Josie, Aaron & Tasha overlooking Jinotega. The town is behind that mound back there in the middle. |
| This will be their house for a month until the couple who live in it get back from England. Josie very kindly posed for me. Aaron & Tasha are busy checking out the kitchen. |
| After a little shopping trip we had dinner. I didn't quite get the camera lined up just right! |
| First cool insect we saw. |
| My hiking buddies |
| Can you spot Aaron? |
| I thought this tree was so cool. |
| I spent way too long trying to get a "soft water" shot. |
| This forest has some serious leaves. |
| We had resigned ourselves to the fact that we wouldn't see the monkeys, when "Eagle-Eye Tasha" spotted one, which turned out to be a dozen or so. And it was a really open spot for taking pictures. |
| I love his face - he's really into these flowers! |
| Without even realizing it I took this shot of momma monkey and her baby hanging on. Can you see him? His head is right under her chin. |
| The lake. The restaurant is on the other side, and their are cabins you can stay in too. |
| Some of the rooms available there. |
| It's hard to capture the beauty, but this was the view on the way back down from Matagalpa to Jinotega. |
![]() |
| With Patricia Hermosilla from Spain/London. |
| How could you not love a town with a Moe's Tavern!! |
| Look at that view from the front door! |
| And looking the other way. Just beautiful. |
Next time I'll talk more about service. So far we haven't been around a whole lot for the invitation campaign, but it looks like we're pretty much done with our territory already. Hopefully we'll have some good experiences to share from all the activity. There is quite a buzz in the congregation with the extra activity, and we have our Special Assembly Day to look forward too next Sunday so it's all go. More on that later.

No comments:
Post a Comment