Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Sunday, October 31, 2010

District Convention and Snow - Sunday, October 31, 2010

Today was a very nice day indeed. We went down to the assembly hall at the branch in Ticuantepe. It was a rather historical day too - last day of the Nicaragua Branch. As of tomorrow, November 1st, Mexico officially begins to oversee the work in Nicaragua. Brother Ian Hunter, member of the Branch Committee, gave the last talk and made reference to it being a sad day in some ways, being the last day of the District Convention & the branch. 


Mario Sr. was in the drama. He played the part of Ethan (Jafet in Spanish). The whole cast did a very good job. We were almost in the last row since we didn't get there until after it started, so the pictures were from pretty far away. But they came out well enough. Mario is the older man in green in the pictures. I've uploaded a 30-second video of the drama to http://fotosbyrachel.shutterfly.com/videos. I hope that's not illegal! But hey, there's no branch down here to tell me off anyway!!

During the midday break
That's Mario in the green outfit
So, that was pretty much the whole day. We stopped at a food court in a mall on the way home for something to eat. I also was very excited because I found somewhere that sold snow! Since I can't eat ice cream (it's a dairy thing!) I like sorbet, but it's not always easy to find. But in this mall there is an ice-cream place that also sells "Nieve", which means Snow (therefore the title of today's blog). That's what they call it. It's basically sorbet. And they had tons of delicious flavors. I got one that was a combination of pineapple, berries, banana, and whatever else, in a waffle cone. It was FANTASTIC!!! Just what I needed after that hot day at the convention. 


Charley is attempting to fix the shower-head with little success from what I can hear from where I'm sitting in the bedroom! They have shower-heads here that heat the water up as it comes out, but this one Mario bought new hasn't worked since the first couple of times. Just a week ago Charley said that mixing water and electricity didn't sound like a great idea to him. And now he's in there sticking his fingers in it and pulling it all to pieces! I've just resigned myself to the fact that I won't get a hot shower while I'm here and I'm ok with that. But it would be nice to fix it since the Robleto's have to endure the whole time they're here with no hot shower!


Charley working on the shower-head. Not sure what Mario's role is!
I think I'm going to watch some of the Antiques Roadshow online now. There's talk of going to the beach tomorrow but nothing has been decided on yet. It's hard to believe we only have a week left already. Hope you enjoy reading the blog as much as I enjoy writing it. If not, well, at least I'm having fun writing it, eh?!





1 comment:

  1. Hno. Robleto looks nice as Jafet. He looks the part of a paternal figure! That nieve sounds delicious! Rachel, you've inspired me to find a snow cone shack, but I'm not sure any are still open. And is Charley standing on a plastic chair in addition to messing around with water and electricity?! I hope someone has someone's life insurance policy together. . . . .HA!

    ReplyDelete