Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Charley's first study - Friday, October 22 2010

Yesterday, Friday, was not a very eventful day really. We didn't do a whole lot. But I'm sure I'll still manage to write a long post about it!!


That having been said, Charley started a bible study yesterday. He met this guy on Wednesday and found out that he'd been studying when he lived somewhere else and just moved here. His name is Marlo. So, Charley went back yesterday and started in the Teach book with him. He's a really good student, reads well. I haven't met him yet, but maybe next Wednesday I will.


I went with Magda on a couple of studies. She is a regular pioneer - as of yesterday! She just got her pioneer letter from the Society so she was rather excited about that. We went on a study yesterday where Mario Jr. studies with the husband. His wife, Juana, hasn't studied yet, and doesn't read very well, so we used the You Can Be God's Friend brochure her. The sister asked me to conduct the study, so that was nice. She's really nice. Her husband came over to the house later on in the day for his study. They're a lovely couple. We sat on dirt outside. They live very humbly indeed. Their "stove" is outside, and I didn't see inside their house but I imagine it's tiny with dirt floors. He put some newspaper down for us to sit on, and I put out my waterproof jacket on top of that. You can see the house behind them. That's about how big it is from what I could tell. They come to meetings too so I guess we'll see them today again.


Victor, Juana & Sister Magda.
So, I was only out in service for 2 hours again. I haven't been out longer than that yet, but here's hoping next week I can get some more time in!! So we spent the rest of the day just sitting around, chatting, studying, etc. I taught my little friend Margarita how to play cat's cradle. It's a game you play with a piece of string or wool. That kept us busy for a while. 


Then in the evening we started getting water from the street again, so that's the time to do laundry and fill all the buckets with water. So we got a load of laundry done. And I finally got my shoes dried out by putting them behind the dryer.


We also had Family Worship last night too. We studied the WT for Sunday. We had to take a laundry break during it though to switch things from the washer to the dryer. The extension cord is not very good, so we could only have one of those plugged in at a time! But we have clean clothes and clean towels now!


We finally get to go to a meeting today. They have their school and service meeting at 3:30pm today, Saturday, so we will get to meet the rest of the congregation at last. I have a demonstration with Magda tonight. Mine is how to start a study on the return visit after leaving the new brochure we'll be offering in November.


Oh, and we haven't tried it yet, but Mario's study Victor (from the above picture) might have fixed the electric shower head so that we can get hot water. So we'll see. I don't really want to be the first one to try it in case it explodes or something!! I'll keep you posted on that!


Well, time to get breakfast and start getting ready for service.

No comments:

Post a Comment