Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Friday, October 29, 2010

No Pictures Today - Friday, October 29, 2010

This isn't going to be very interesting so you can just quit reading here if you like!


We went out in service this morning. 4 of us showed up who had been on the gira yesterday. I wasn't aching too badly this morning. Had a bit of a cough, but nothing much. So off we went. I worked with Johana, and Charley worked with her husband Luis and their 3 1/2 year old son Adaya. Mario Sr. was also with us, and the other two sisters went on studies.


At our second door we walked up a little dirt hill to talk to them. When we turned around to leave, I felt my feet slipping and before I knew it I was on my backside in the dirt! My left arm was filthy from elbow to hand, and I landed really hard. I didn't hurt myself, just got a bit of a shock. Ironic that I got through all that day yesterday, hiking up and down crazy, rocky hills and didn't fall once. And today, out in regular "city" territory - boom! I have a small scratch on my hand that I can't seem to get the dirt out of, but it's been doused in hand sanitizer repeatedly. It is still stinging from it's last dose of alcohol!


So, that was about the only excitement for the day. We had some nice calls. I have a couple of return visits to take a brother on tomorrow. 


Charley went with Mario Jr. this afternoon on two studies and had a nice time. I stayed home and chilled. I'm still battling with the leftovers of this cold, but it's not bothering me much.


We are both starting to feel yesterday's walking though. Wanda said today that it was 10km, which is 6 miles. A rough estimate, but I'm feeling every one of those six miles today! After sitting a while I can barely walk properly! It'll be interesting to see what tomorrow is like!


So, we finished the day with Family Worship, and it's now late (9:20) and time for bed! The Robleto's don't go to bed as early as us, but I don't think we've stayed up past 10 except for maybe once! But remembering that we have to get up for an 8:30 meeting for field service is enough to send me to bed at 9pm.


Hope everyone reading is doing well. If you got to this last sentence, I hope you're not about to fall asleep. I can't promise tomorrow's blog will be any more exciting but I'll see what I can do! Maybe I can catch a video of me falling or something.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm here @ work and I don't want to lose the means to my end of pioneering, so good thing the post didn't bore me to sleep! HA! I'm glad you're alright outside of your cut. :)

    ReplyDelete