This morning we hobbled out of bed and went out in service. My hips were hurting today from all that walking on Thursday, but I wasn't alone!! We worked some more of the same territory that I fell in yesterday, but we went on down the "callejon" to the people hidden in the back. We had some nice conversations down there. Here's a couple of pictures back there.
We also went back on a couple of return visits I got on Friday out in service. One of them listened well enough, but I don't think he's terribly interested in studying. The other guy might turn out to be a study. They tell me he's been accepting the magazines for quite a long time, quite a few people know him, but he's never studied. I left him the Would You Like To Know the Truth tract on Friday but he was busy so just read him one scripture. But today we chatted a bit longer, and I showed him my copy of the Bible Teach book. He was interested in Chapter 3 so I'm taking Mario back on Tuesday to take him the book. So, we'll see what happens there.
We had the meeting this afternoon, which went well. They had an interesting meeting part today. They have their District Convention here in a couple of weeks, so they have a brother so they have a brother going around the congregations giving a talk about preparing for the District Convention. He went over a few of the reminders, but most of it was a demonstration of a family of four doing their Family Worship Night and discussing the reminders and plans for the convention. It was pretty cool. I guess they do that every year, instead of just reading the reminders like they do elsewhere.
Then tonight we were invited over to Lars & Karen's house. They live here in the Crucero, but they are assigned to a congregation not far away in Monte Tabor. He's Canadian and she's British. They're a really sweet couple. Been married about a year now, but they've both been in Nicaragua for 5 or 6 years, which is how they met. They had a family over from their congregation too who were really fun to be around. Karen made pizza, lasagna, breadsticks, salad, coleslaw and chocolate cake! Pretty impressive and it was all REALLY delicious. I had just been thinking today that I fancied a piece of pizza and voila!! When I said I was going to take a picture I thought people might all at least move to the same side of the room, but they just all sat and smiled, so here's the shot. Everyone was too full to move probably!
So, there's talk of Charley giving a talk at another congregation on behalf of Mario next Sunday, in which case we decided we should go to the assembly with Mario tomorrow if we want to see him in the drama. I think Charley's giving the talk out isn't set in stone, but just in case he does, we're going to go ahead and go to the assembly hall with Mario tomorrow. He's playing the part of Ethan this week and next.
So I might have some pictures to post if I can get close enough to the action tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment