So, as I think I mentioned earlier, I have a cold and stayed home this morning. I felt much better by noon, and took a refreshing cold shower which actually did feel really good because I got warm sitting around in my PJ's with laptop on.
This afternoon I went on three studies with Patricia. I have a picture but I'm too tired to get up and find my camera and cable to put them on here at the minute. One of the studies has the most amazing view. She has quite a bit of land and a lovely 4-bedroom house. It's all rolling hills and you can see all the way to the ocean. It's for sale if anyone is interested. $92,000.
We had a really nice time on the studies. The lady with the nice house wasn't convinced about not partaking at the Memorial, which is what we studied today. She wasn't mean about it, but she was pretty adamant that the information in the Appendix didn't show any scripture that said we shouldn't partake. But after we read it, and reasoned with her using the scriptures, she came to her own conclusion and told us that it isn't just for anyone to partake. It was so nice to see how she got to the correct conclusion herself without us saying anything really.
Charley spent the afternoon with Mario Sr. and little Margarita. They went and started a new study with the son of a brother in the congregation. Wanda, Mario Jr and Griselda went to the market. They left before I did, and got back after me. They bought the whole market I think. All kinds of wonderful fruits and vegetables that I haven't eaten before.
We made spaghetti for dinner today because it was late and everyone was too tired. Cooking seems to take forever here, but the spaghetti didn't.
So, here I am in bed already at 8pm. I'm afraid to take anything for this cold, because when I bought something in Spain last year, it made me horribly sick and I was worse off than I would have been if I hadn't taken anything! But a brother that came for dinner, Timoteo, knows a lot about plants and natural stuff. So now I'm drinking a mixture of hot water, 1 1/2 lemons, honey and........well, that's all. It needs some whiskey but we don't have any. But it's delish! He says it's really good for when you have a cold so we'll see.
I haven't decided if I'll make it out tomorrow or not. We'll wait and see. I want to be well for Thursday because they're spending the day out in rural territory and I really want to go. A day's rest tomorrow might be a good idea.
Well, I'm afraid that was probably a rather boring post today.
Oh, but I didn't tell you about our little friend last night. I don't know what time it was, probably 3 or 4am, but I suddenly heard noise of something moving around, rustling of plastic bags. Charley got up to investigate with a little light but couldn't see anything. Then at about 5am, I heard something louder, and then I remembered that we'd bought bread and left it in a bag on the floor in our room. Charley looked at the bag and sure enough, it had a whole eaten through the plastic bag, then the bread bag and had nibbled on two pieces of bread. We're assuming it was a little mouse. So we hung the bag of food on a nail in the wall. He must have left after that because we've never seen or heard anything since.
Well, back to my lemon drink and then sleep for me.
Maybe you should put some traps out :)
ReplyDeletehahahahaha......good memories :)