Haga clic aqui para traducir nuestro blog a español

Sunday, October 10, 2010

The countdown is on!

It's hard to believe that we're now telling people that we leave on Sunday! Yikes!! You will be pleased to hear I found a pair of shoes that I think I'm going to keep (I know it was keeping you all up at night worrying). I've been wearing them around the house trying to figure out if they're going to be comfortable. But since there are no hills, mountains, rocks, stones or inclement weather inside our apartment, it does make it hard to be sure. It says on the bottom of the shoe that it has a Jeep Engineered Traction Sole so I should be ready for anything. Here's a picture of the shoe, except I bought two of them.



Needless to say Charley is nowhere near as concerned about what shoes or clothes he is going to take. I just asked him if there was anything he wanted to add to the blog and his response was "Colts are winning". Like I said..........

I did just grab some things out of my closet that I think I'll take and put them to one side so that I don't wear them this week.

We're really getting excited about this trip now. It's amazing to think that this time next week we will be just a couple of hours from landing in Managua, Nicaragua.

It sounds like Charley will be kept busy there too. They have three elders in the congregation but one of them is in the US at the minute, and one is doing temporary CO work for nine weeks, so that leaves just Mario, the brother we'll be staying with. 

The brother whose truck they use to go to rural territory once a week is not going to be around, so we might not get to go into the rural areas to preach. But we're hoping that someone else will take pity on us and come up with a vehicle that can take us out there at least once!

That's all for now. I hope this blog doesn't turn out to be boring reading for you all!

4 comments:

  1. I do like the new shoes! They are cuter than the last picture. Tell Charley, Im glad the Colts finally won.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the shoes! Take Care Out there and have lots of Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shoes ARE cute! And they look like they'll be very comfortable. What brand is the shoe...I think I might need some of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm uber glad that you got two shoes. The visual of you hopping around in your Jeep shoe is too much, and I'm not sure how much you'd get accomplished in the ministry.:)

    ReplyDelete