I thought I'd better post a quick blog so that you didn't think I'd died of my cold!
I had a bit of an upset stomach yesterday, but nothing out of the ordinary. I get like that at home too!
Charley had a wonderful, long day out in service. And it didn't rain all day. I was terribly jealous! I went out for an hour with Wanda and that wore me out! Colds don't half drain all your energy. So I spent the rest of the day watching the Antiques Roadshow online, playing Wheel of Fortune on the computer and napping, and then went to bed at about 8:30pm.
So, I woke up this morning feeling 10 times better. Ready for a day in rural territory. We've got lots of water, sunscreen, and bug spray ready to go. Time for breakfast now.
I plan on posting when we get back from our day out. I have a cute picture of a little creature we saw out in service yesterday to post and hope to have some good stories from today's "gira".
Hi Rachel! It's Temi-Ko. Glad to hear you are still alive. Sorry for your cold, hope the 'plants' are working. It was so exciting to read of your trip and adventures. I'm horribly jealous! I look forward to reading more. I only got to the first couple of days. The brothers are doing soffett work @ the site Friday-Sunday this week. Friday we also need to clean the assembly hall for our special day. Then, our special day is Sat. So, Brookside will be very busy. but will try to help. Since meals are being provided at the site, and I'm at home recovering from surgery, I am helping to call bros & sis for help with the food. I made it to the hall on Sunday for the first time in 5 weeks. It was heaven! The phone line only gives you so much. Then, we set up a phone witnessing group for Wed afternoon, so I, Vicki Campos, Sis Crooke, and any in the group that day can get some time in. I got a nice response yesterday from a man on the phone who agreed with my comments, let me read a scripture, and even agreed to send him some literature! Cool! Most are disconnects, paranoia 'where did you get my nymber??', and hang up thinking we are telemarketers. It's been very refreshing. I will be home at least for the next three weeks, and then it will transition to Vicki's apt once I go back to work. Give our hellos to the families, and take care. I will be following your adventures! Tally ho!!
ReplyDeleteLoving your story! This is Temi-Ko. Can't wait to read more!
ReplyDelete